Saturday, February 20, 2010

Missing: our BABY Ben

Can someone please explain to us where our BABY boy went? All of the sudden Ben looks like a like a little boy and not a baby. I don't remember giving my permission for this! Just another example of Ben growing up way too fast. Our neighbor even commented on it last night so I know it's not just me anymore.

It's been so nice having our sweet guy feeling better this week-and what a busy week it was!




Thanks to George and Abe we didn't have school on Monday. Ben went for a couple hours to get 'used' to it before being there a full day Tuesday, but then we headed to lunch with Daddy and our friends the Masons. How sweet is this picture?


Wyatt and Ben enjoyed checking out all the girls strolling around at lunch. They're so cute together.

First-check out Daddy's superman pj pants. Don't be jealous! Dr. G isn't kidding when he says Ben's head measures off the charts. We had some trouble getting our pj's on this week. Hmmm. I guess he has a big head for that super smart brain of his.


Like I said-no longer a baby and now a little boy

Grammy sent Ben a TON of clothes including two bathing suits for our trip to Florida in LESS THAN A MONTH! Excuse the bad picture, but I think he's wanting to be a swimsuit model-big tummy and all.

The night we tried on his bathing suit he went NUTS. He was rolling and laughing and being the silliest we've ever seen. It was 30 minutes of pure joy for the 3 of us before bed time.

Big boy example #2

Last night my school held their annual Sock Hop. I missed it last year to be in Kathryn's wedding. I had to work the ticket counter for the first hour, but then B walked Ben to it. He looked so cute walking in. I don't have a picture of him in his complete outfit, but he had this white shirt on, jeans with the cuffs rolled, black jacket and a winter hat. So funny, but cute! It was a little chilly on their walk over hence the hat. Ben zipped all over school in his buggy until Aunt Lucy found him and scooped him up. There were many times throughout the night that I couldn't find Ben because Lucy was walking him around stealing him.

Ben and Addie who was dressed in an adorable poodle skirt. It's hard to get a picture with both of them looking forward.

Today we went to Claire's 1st birthday (pictured). Claire's mommy works with me. He was so good and loved playing with her toys and Kate (another baby from school). Happy Birthday Claire!

My sweet boy when we got home from the party. Poor kid is so tired from all the adventures of this week.
Wednesday was also Ash Wednesday. We took Ben to church and of course he laughed and squealed the whole time. It's not like a normal service where we can get up and walk him around. But he looked cute with his ashes on his head, except the silly boy wiped them off with his car blankie before he even got home.
I experienced a first this week too-having to go to the bathroom in a store and not having Daddy around to hold Monkey. After our lunch on Monday we stopped at Hobby Lobby and my little bladder just wouldn't hold. The big bathroom, well let's just say it was not acceptable for ANYONE to use. EVER! Carts just don't fit in normal stalls. So I was at a lost of what to do with Ben before I had an accident. Oh so much fun.
Ben's been practicing pulling himself up this week. He even tried using Bailey to pull up on. She's so good to let him play with her (Bruiser keeps his distance when he starts reaching for him) so Ben caught a hold of her fur and started his way up. Um - NO sweet boy, moving dogs aren't for pulling up.
Daddy's been working a TON this week and we don't like it. We are hoping tomorrow he doesn't go in and can hang out with us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where DID your baby go!!?? He is such a cutie pie Amy. I love the swim suit on him. I also love the story about using the restroom at Hobby Lobby. I have so been there! Isn't this just so much fun and full of adventure?
PS--Of course I STILL LOVE YOU!!! :-)

Sharon said...

He is just so precious!

Amanda said...

I know that feeling!!! Such a cute post, love all the pics. Especially the one of him with his friend and his new swim suit!