Monday, April 26, 2010

He makes my heart sing

My fabulous Aunt Linda said that about Ben today and I couldn’t agree more. He is truly amazing. He had another fun weekend. He has learned what lions, tigers and bears (oh my) say: ROAR! It is the funniest sound. He’s a hit on youtube. He is getting so much closer to walking. B says he took a step yesterday, but I won’t let it count since I didn’t see it. He’s also just getting kind of picky with his food-not so much fun for Mommy. He loves, loves, loves to play with his friend Austin at school. I went to pick him up last week and waited another 15 minutes because the boys were chasing each other and laughing. A happy Ben = a happy mommy!

Saturday we took him for some bluebonnet pictures. For 10 years now I’ve seen people parked on the side of the road snapping away while their kids sat in a field of flowers. I’m proud to say I’m now one of those parents. Ashley told me about this place (she neglected to tell me it’s also a cemetery-creepy). Thank God for digital cameras. When we pulled away I checked and had taken almost 200.

April 24 070

I love, love these pictures. They need no explanation. He is full of joy.

April 24 163

April 24 166

April 24 168

♥♥♥♥♥

On Saturday he went to another birthday party. This one to celebrate Rylee’s first birthday. Rylee’s mom works with me. Happy Birthday, Rylee!

April 24 016

Ben and the ladies at Rylee’s (l-r: Addie, Rylee, Cora and Ben)

April 24 022

Poor baby was so tired. He was out within 2 minutes of leaving Rylee’s and stayed asleep for an hour on his favorite person.

oh- We took him to the doctor on Friday because he had some congestion in his chest. It was the end of a cold, but they weighed him. He’s now 25 lbs! I told B he’s like a quarter pounder (but then he explained how little he would weigh if that were true)-but you get the idea.

Have a happy week! And Aunt Tina and Grandma-you better come visit or Ben’s finding a new favorite aunt (love you)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He makes my heart sing too! What a great post. And your bluebonnet pics are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!

Ashley Warren said...

I'm sorry I forgot to tell you it was a cemetary. I guess I thought everyone knew that! The pics turned out great!

Anonymous said...

thanks Amy for another great update on Ben..always love the pictures and entertaining stories. Working on getting a weekend that both Tina and grampa have off..love you..gramma

Amanda said...

Thanks for coming and celebrating Rylee's 1st b-day with us!I LOVE the bluebonnet pictures!!!