Monday, May 3, 2010

Eleven Months

May 3 020

What?  11 months?  There is no way my precious baby boy is just one quick month from turning 1!  Ben is such a gift and makes us laugh and smile every day.  He’s getting bigger and bigger and growing and exploring all the time.  On Thursday he took a few more steps and this weekend practiced over and over.  Slowly he’s getting it!  We’ve figured out the dinner situation and now he’s back to eating it like a champ.  Last night I gave him some chicken and told him that once he ate it all I’d give him a few bites of mac n’ cheese.  I think he understood because 5 minutes later his tray was clear so I gave him a few bites.  When I picked him up, chicken came pouring out of his lap.  He hid it all where I couldn’t see.  Such a little stinker!

 

A few pics from the week:

 

May 3 003

First let me explain:  I was doing all the random laundry (towels, sheets, rags, etc.) so I had to use our laundry baskets.  I dumped our dirty clothes onto the closet floor.  Ben was playing in our room and crawled into the closet.  Next thing I knew he was lounging on Daddy’s shirts happy as a clam.

May 3 004

Saturday night we went to see Daddy’s guitar teacher play.  I went to get us dinner and saw this as I was walking back.  My boys…LOVE THEM!

 

Okay so the next two pictures are hysterical to me.  Yesterday our neighbor brought us over some bday cake from Ryan’s birthday.  When I got home today I got it out (long boring day of meetings = hungry Amy).  I ran upstairs to get something and saw this as I was walking up the stairs.  I guess he thought when I said “happy 11 month birthday” it meant cake time.  He pulled it closer to him and was going to town.  His face and hands were covered and he was the happiest little guy. 

May 3 018

 May 3 019

Just one more month buddy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as usual...thanks for the update..yes its hard to believe almost one year!!! Where has the time gone? Love you 3...

Ashley Warren said...

Happy 11 months Ben! We love you!

Molly said...

So cute!! I hope I get to visit with him sooner than later!! I loved the picture of him eating the cake... very funny!!