Monday, May 10, 2010

Movin’ On Up

That’s right, sweet baby is moving on up…at school that is. Last Monday, Ben started the transition from The Growing Room to Discovery 2 (D2).  And since Ben is a star student, he did the two week transition in one week!  He’s officially a D2 kid this week.  They generally wait until the babies are 1 before they transition, but Ben is a good 6 months older than the other babies and it just wasn’t fair to him.  I’ve been discussing it with the directors for a few weeks and after seeing Ben play with Austin (who moved a few weeks ago), it was a no-brainer.  It’s been a little hard adjusting to the schedule of D2, but we’re managing.  The biggest downside-only 1 nap.  This was tough last week.  We’re making it work and throwing in a little nap when I pick him up.  But he’s really happy and I’m happy he’s with other babies more his age. 

 

this week in pictures:

Daddy offered to feed Ben.  The picture doesn’t do him justice, but he was a MESS!

May 6 015

 

I was talking to my mom outside and this was my view of Ben looking out the window…

 May 6 021

May 6 023

 May 6 025

 

Ben’s two week long cold has developed into a sinus infection, but now we’re on antibiotics.  He stayed home with Daddy today for a little R&R (and video games).  Yesterday I got to celebrate my first Mother’s Day and it was wonderful.  Breakfast, shopping and lunch out (again they were shocked at how Ben can eat).  I am blown away that God chose me to be this little prince’s mom: 

May 6 026

2 comments:

The Masons said...

I LOVE his squished nose on the window :) Way to be advanced Ben - congrats on movin' on up!

Amanda said...

I LOVE the pictures of his face up against the window, too stinkin cute!