Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Birthday

June 3 140

Dear Ben,

Today is your first birthday!  This past year has been the fastest and greatest year of your mommy and daddy’s lives.  Never in a million years could we have predicted how awesome you are.  You have taught us so much this past year.  Because of you we are more patient.  Because of you we have learned what unconditional love is.  Because of you we have a new respect for our parents.  Because of you we have learned to live without much sleep.  Thank you for all that you do and all that you are.  We love everything about you from the heart birthmark on your leg to your forever growing hair.  We love the faces you make (even when you’re pooping).  We love that you love us more than anything.  We love you even when you’re screaming your head off that because the yummy you’re eating is all gone and you don’t understand why there’s no more.  We love how our family thinks you’re the best thing in the world (and we would have to agree). 

You are truly an amazing gift from God.  Thank you for this past year.  Each day we wake up and smile because WE get to be your parents.  We’re not sure why, but God chose us for this job and we are forever grateful.

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

 

Our baby a year ago today

hospital

 

He still sleeps like this ALL the time!

Today I took the day off and Grams and I took Ben to the Aquarium.  I wanted to go to the zoo, but it’s just too hot. 

He had a great time.  Ben might not ever remember that I took the day off for his bday, but I will.

His birthday party isn’t until Sunday, but I couldn’t let his actual day go by without a little celebration.  A quick stop to Dimples for cupcakes after the Aquarium was in order. 

June 3 131

June 3 136

I think he’s going to LOVE his cake on Sunday!

Happy Birthday Ben!  We love you!

4 comments:

Ashley Warren said...

Happy Birthday Ben! I can't believe you are one! You are one special little guy who is loved by all! Mayson and I send birthday hugs and kisses your way. We can't wait to party with you on Sunday!
xoxoxoxo
Mayson's Mommy

The Masons said...

Happy birthday, Ben! What a fun day! Weren't the flamingo's stinky?! Looks like you'll be like your buddy Wyatt with your birthday cake :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Ben...someday you are going to see what a special gift your mom has put together for you. She has documented your first year of life in such a beautiful way. See you Sunday for your birthday party..Love you...grampa, gramma and Tina..

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I am sitting here crying! I love this post! I love Ben too! Happy Birthday Ben! We can't wait to celebrate this afternoon with you! You are a precious little man. Love, Michelle and Addie