Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oh August, must you be here already?

Have I ever mentioned that I love this kid soooo much?  I do.  Today we spent at least an hour just laughing and tickling on the couch until Daddy came home.  Maybe the best part of our day and we had a really good day.  Ben is such a character.  Today is also his 14th month birthday!  I swear we’re going to blink and he’ll be 14 years old.  He doesn’t have a checkup until next month.  Ashley asked how much he weighed today.  I don’t know-A LOT! He is all boy!  He learned please this week and I love it when he signs it and says the word banana (“nana”).  He also knows where his belly is (hard to miss) and his head.  And he loves, loves, loves the book, 10 Little Ladybugs right now.  I try to read his Bible stories and he squirms and reaches for Ladybugs instead.  We’ve spent the last week doing the same fun summer stuff:  having fun!  Lots of playing, some pool time with Mayson and Ashley and making a mess of my classroom (but shhh, we can’t talk about that yet).

And on with the pictures:

August 1 004

I think he was looking for some coupons.  Already learning to save money.

 August 1 015

Where did my little baby go???

 37675_830089307450_23927535_44456932_753567_n[1]

One of my favorite pictures.  We went swimming at Ashley’s sister-in-law’s house Friday and Monday.  Ben only likes his baby float for so long and then wants out.  I love that Mayson’s hand is on his leg and his arm is behind her back.  Young love ♥

August 1 024

Ben liked the foosball table at their house.

 August 3 003

He hates when I brush his teeth with his toothbrush, but loved to use a travel toothbrush he found in our bathroom.  He spent forever with this in his mouth.  It was cute until he brushed Bailey when she walked by.

 August 3 007

My boys…I love them!

 August 3 019

We stopped at the pet store to get a new leash and Ben LOVED the birds.  Why didn’t I think of taking him here earlier in the summer?  We spent at least 20 minutes just walking around all the birds.  Ben really likes birds and can say it (sounds like “bur”).  He loves to look up in the sky and spot them.  He has always loved to look up so I think his love for birds is fitting.  It’s too bad birds are not easy pets like fish or we’d have one.

 August 3 024

Enjoying his first ride on the carrousel at the mall!  Can you see his tan line on his arm?  The bottom half of his arms are really tan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love that little man! Great idea on the birds at the pet store! Free entertainment! You are such a good mommy. I love reading your blog. Miss you.

Amanda said...

I love all the pictures, I can't believe how big he is getting either!

Anonymous said...

thanks again Amy for the updates..love the picture of Ben and Mayson in the pool..too cute..do you know how much money you guys could save on daycare if you moved to Austin..just sayin....love ya

Chani said...

OH my goodness, he really does look like a little man now! I LOVE those pictures!! He's soooo cute, Amy! I know what you mean about already being August...here we go again!