bear with me-instead of separate entries, I lumped the past two weeks all together.
Where to begin? Quite a lot has happened since Christmas. We left for Austin the Tuesday after Christmas and had such a fun time. Ben warmed right up to Boots and Gramma in 3 seconds and didn’t leave their side the rest of the time we were there. He loved playing with all his new presents and wearing Boots’ cowboy boots. Ben even had his first night alone at Gramma and Boots (it was only his 2nd night without us since he was born), while B and I went to Houston for the Baylor bowl game. I cried the first 20 minutes in the car and then again when Tina sent me a picture message. I wasn’t worried about Ben, just sad I was going to miss my favorite little guy. We had a lot of fun and got DRENCHED! It rained so hard while we were there (we call it Florida rain because it just doesn’t rain like that in Dallas). Luckily the game was inside, but we got SOAKED walking in. So wet that B, the most frugal guy I know, actually shelled out $50 for a TX Bowl sweatshirt and he doesn’t even care about the two teams. Our jeans stayed wet the entire game, but we had amazing seats and a really good time. But we couldn’t wait to get back to see our boy. Ben was fabulous while we were gone and never fussed once. On New Year’s Eve we took Ben to the San Antonio Zoo. Ben has developed a new fear of falling and was pretty freaked out by the moats between the animals and us. He was also pretty ornery and fussy until we got some food in him. Had we not driven all the way to San Antonio for it we would have scooped his little tush back in the car and taken him home-not a happy mommy and daddy with his behavior. Aunt Tina and her boyfriend Brad and Uncle Tommy and Aunt Kristin gave up some date nights to hang out with us. We are definitely getting too old for 2 am bedtimes on multiple nights. By the time we got home my poor car had driven over 800 miles between Dallas, Austin, Houston, Austin again and back to Dallas. She was very happy to have rest time :)
Tina got Ben a bunch of food for his kitchen and grill, so what does he do but throw a tomato at “Nina.”
The Mahrer boys at the zoo
Come on Gramma, this way!
At the petting zoo part of the zoo. Don’t you love how he’s on the wrong side? When a goat got close he ran away yelling, “NO, Deer”
His FAVORITE part was getting to ride the train at the end. He was SO excited and had his mouth open the whole time the train was coming. He was so excited. We even scored seats in the caboose. Ben LOVES his Choo-choos!
Aunt Kristin has an actual party box full of fun things like a disco ball and lights. She brought it over for New Year’s Eve and he loved it all.
Kristin trying to teach Ben how to do Peace!
Ben helped Boots hang the disco ball. He called the lights around the room Bubbles (and yes, Daddy is wearing an awesome pirate bandana that came with the awesome personalized book Kristin and Tommy got Ben).
The Christmas Tree Hat! This hat sings and dances and Ben thought he was SO cool wearing it and dancing.
We came home on Sunday and I frantically did tons of laundry while getting ready for Monday. During a routine potty break I passed a blood clot. It was weird, I was really worried, but could feel him bouncing around which brought me the tiniest amount of peace. Ben was already asleep and since he hadn’t slept well the night before (he got to have a sleepover with Daddy our last night in Austin because of this) I didn’t want to call a neighbor to watch him in case he woke up so B stayed home. I honestly thought I would be home by midnight. My very sweet friend Michelle dropped everything she was doing and went with me to the hospital. They told me I would be there for the night and she stayed with me! I mean how sweet can someone be? Her husband and sweet Addie were at home waiting for her and she stayed with me and got NO sleep, yet never complained. I will never be able to make that up to her. B dropped off Ben at school early in the morning and made his way over. The maternal fetal specialist found a tear in my placenta and told me it would be another night in the hospital and bed rest all week. Not exactly what we had planned, but gotta keep baby safe and cooking. B hung out with me until my amazing team came to visit after school and then he brought my sweet boy to see me for dinner. Hospital bed buttons and Ben are not a good mix. He called the nurse’s station on my bed remote and we were told (in a not so nice voice) to put the remote away from him near my pillows. Seriously? He’s 19 months and there are “beep beeps” everywhere-what’s a boy to do? I HATED them leaving, but was visited by another sweet friend, Sharon who got my mind off it. Then it was time to get some sleep-ALL BY MYSELF! We couldn’t find anyone to stay with Ben who didn’t have to work the next day so B had to stay home and I had to fly solo. Needless-to-say-I was very happy to go home on Tuesday.
I’ve spent the past week doing absolutely NOTHING which has been insanely boring. I’m not a tv watcher during the day so I slept and read some books B put on his Nook for me. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being home, but hate that I still can’t pick up Ben. It’s been ALL Daddy this week. I have to brag on my hubby. We were generously offered dinner from multiple people, but he insisted on cooking for us instead. He’s on a super health kick and really didn’t want to veer off. He’d get up in the morning, get Ben ready, take him to school, go to work, pick up Ben and then spend forever getting dinner ready and still take the time to sit with Ben and read him his bedtime story and put him to bed (not to mention get me anything I wanted and take care of the dogs). And he NEVER complained…not even once. Ben loves having Daddy do all these jobs, but I can tell he misses his Mommy. When he gets home from school he pushes me into the play room and tells me to sit while he plays. I can’t even think about getting up, he throws a huge fit. B had to work late the past two days so Ashley generously picked up Ben at school and brought him to me. Friday she brought Mayson and Ben was super excited to have his girl :)
I’m back to work tomorrow. I don’t want to go, but I REALLY don’t want to be on bed rest anymore. I’m all ready to be home everyday, but at least have my boys home with me and be productive. I am so truly blessed to have friends and family who love us so much and care so much.
Ben caught a little bug this weekend and spiked a fever. He was so miserable yesterday and just wanted to rest on me which is not easy with bed rest and a baby growing in the tummy. Today he seems a little better. He’s also started calling B “bee-ay” to get his attention. B will always be Billy to family and I guess over the break he heard lots of people call him that so now he says it to get his attention. I love it, B on the other hand-no so much. He says Daddy, but uses “bee-ay” when he wants him to look over. It also snowed today, but since Ben isn’t up to par we decided he’d have to enjoy it from inside.
3 comments:
OMG.... I just saw this! SO sorry to hear this, I hope everything is o.k.! I know Ben doesn't even know me, but if you are ever in a jam like that again, I totally wouldn't mind watching him, picking him up, or whatever you need! 214-695-4409
You are so sweet! Of course I would do that for me and there is no need for you to feel you should ever "repay" me! That's just what friends do! You would have done the same thing! So happy you and baby are doing well! Still praying! Love you guys!
So glad you are back at work! Missed you!!!!
Post a Comment