Monday, February 28, 2011

No pictures, just moments I don't want to ever forget

1. Sweet Ben surprises us daily, but this weekend he just about melted me to pieces. As I was leaving to pick up dinner last night he watched me grab my shoes and my purse and said "Mommy bye bye?" to which I replied yes and he said okay and ran into his playroom to continue the mess he had started. Then as I'm opening the door he comes running as fast as his little fat legs will take him to me shouting, "Mommy! Mommy!" I turned around and he says, "Mommy kiss" with his lips all puckered. I gave him his kiss and he ran back to play. Seriously!

2. Clean up time with Ben tends to work like this: Mommy cleans up as Ben takes back whatever it is that Mommy has put away. It's an endless cycle. This weekend Daddy asked Ben to help him clean up and Ben started singing the clean up song and started cleaning up! Daddy, not being a teacher, wasn't sure what he was singing, but I knew right away. The cutest part is instead of saying "clean up, clean up, everybody clean up" he says it like, "Keen up, keen up {a mumble jumble of words goes here} keen up." He even sang it at dinner as he was putting the all the little pieces of corn back in his bowl.

How did we get to be SO lucky??? He might have his monster moments, but man these little things make it so worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was hoping to see pics. of the bunkbeds and Ben fast asleep on his new bed! just thinking this might be the last blog posted with Ben as the only child!!! Cant wait to meet Iron Man!!!