I know, it’s been a couple weeks since my last post. It has been a crazy whirlwind two weeks!
Big boy bed update- after a ‘rough’ first night, Ben rocked the rest of the week I was home during Spring Break. He did end up having the flu (and strep and pink eye) and the one morning Daddy got up to get him he found both Ben and his sheets covered in icky poo. Fortunately for me, this was the day I was SOOOO sick so B stayed home to take care of Ben (the only upside to that day). Otherwise he did really well sleeping each night. I generally napped with him in his bed. This being said, the night before I go back to school Ben refuses to sleep in his bed. Ever since he has let us tuck him in and then as we walk out he crawls out and walks to the door. We have a child lock on it so he can’t open it so Ben falls asleep each night against the door. I put him into bed when I go, but most of the time he gets back up at some point and lays back by the door. Weird little kid! B finished painting the sports figures today. I think he did a really good job. He still has some more painting to do (sports phrases and our favorite team logos), but he’s going to work on that when he’s home with us after Briggs.
these will make their way on the way soon
Ben still won’t use a sheet or comforter so I just keep his folded. Half the time I see him sleeping sideways (when he’s not on the floor)
a glimpse of the bedding
These are the stairs that Ben’s barred from. Right now we have a random night stand in the way until we can figure out how to attach something to the stairs until he can be trusted.
Speaking of Briggs…this child is getting HUGE. I am definitely ready for him to arrive, but I don’t want him coming any sooner than next Monday. I’m much more uncomfortable with him than I was with Ben. B has officially moved upstairs for the remainder of the time. I guess I take too many potty breaks during the night and flop around like a beached whale. The flu Ben gave me was horrible. I have never been so sick to my stomach. It lasted ALL week! Worrying about taking care of Briggs and watching Ben didn’t help either. My dr said that Briggs literally took any good thing I had in me (which wasn’t much) and left me with nothing which is why it was so hard to recover. I also got NOTHING done over Spring Break since I was sick so we are a little behind at the Mahrer house. We did put the swing down and Ben has tried to get in it as well as the bouncy chair. The doctor said Briggs was laying sideways, but I think he’s moved his way up and down based on the HUGE kicks he’s now giving my ribcage as opposed to my side. He kicked so hard as I was driving today I almost swerved into the other lane.
My plan for this weekend was to get everything else done for Briggs. Maybe we got half of it done. For my birthday my only request was that we do something all together (and it not involve too much walking-I just recently started getting swollen ankles-NEVER had those with Ben-yuck). So…we took Ben to the circus. It wasn’t the big circus, this was a pretty dinky one in a tent. Was the circus fun-umm, no, but it was so amazing to watch it through Ben’s eyes. They had elephant and camel rides and you could feed some animals. Ben was pretty unimpressed with most of the circus, but he LOVED the animals and loved the hot dog he got to eat. We left at intermission and took a drive in the Jeep. I LOVED spending the day with my two favorite boys.
An Elephant Ride with Daddy (we didn’t think they’d want a 9 month pregnant lady on the elephant)
someone enjoyed a taste of a snowcone
This is how he watched most of the circus (the parts that he liked). He’s also got part of a hot dog in his mouth.
Ben update: Ben is just beyond adorable these days. He is SO cute and SO sweet, but with the cuteness come some serious monster episodes. B calls him Picasso now because if you give him a crayon he will color ANYTHING including windows, window sills, toys, books, desks, walls, the couch and my leg. Crayons are now considered contraband around here. I think he’s pretty smart, but I don’t have much to compare him to. He does know what the letters B and D say and is doing amazingly with his colors, shapes and numbers. He also talks non stop and has a great vocabulary. Part of this vocabulary includes the other word for passing gas. But man, it is SO cute to hear him say, “_______ fawted.” He loves to give great kisses now and always tells us, “I love you” on his own. He loves Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.
Ben LOVES his Daddy’s jeep. He will bring us our shoes and keys and say “Jeep Jeep” all the time. He helped Daddy install a new exhaust a few weeks ago
Ben likes to smile on cue now and we LOVE it!
Picasso at work coloring a CD!!!
I took this last week during dinner. He thought he was hysterical rubbing his hands in his lasagna and then rubbing them on his head…little stinker!
We can’t believe that a week from right now we will be getting the final things ready for Briggs. I am pretty stressed about everything I still have to do both at home and at school. I am super excited for my mom to come and B’s parents to be here, too.
3 comments:
I still think the lasagna picture is the best....can that kid get any cuter ! One more week and I get to sing 'Bus' in person to him :)
LOVE Ben's room! That's one creative hubby you've got :) I'm so glad you had a great birthday with your boys. Yipee for a short week away from meeting the newest one!
So sorry you were so sick, that sounds horrible, especially during your spring break! I LOVE Ben's room, ya'll did a great job! Can't wait to see pics of that sweet new addition, hang in there =)
Post a Comment