Monday, April 18, 2011

Kiss-tin and T-Money

This weekend Aunt Kristin and Uncle Tommy came in to visit and meet Briggs.  Ben LOVED Kristin (or Kiss-tin) and he kept calling her.  He was pretty shy at first, especially around Uncle Tommy.  We’re trying to get him to call Tommy T-Money, but it sounds more  like Timmy.  I think Tommy’s incredible height scares him.  They got in very late Friday night and Briggs insisted on staying up to welcome them.  Saturday was beautiful out so we spent most of the day outside.  I took a little nap while they went to the store and then T and K made us a DELICIOUS dinner.  Kristin let Ben help her snap the ends off of green beans and he LOVED it.  We had such a nice, relaxing time with them.  We’re looking forward to visiting them next month at their house. 

April 18 003

I think it’s time for them to have kids!!!

April 17 025

enjoying dinner on the patio with T & K

 

On Friday, before they came, our friends Jonathan and Ashlee came out with Wyatt and sweet baby Caroline.  Ben and Wyatt played while Briggs played hard to get with Caroline by sleeping the whole time.  The older boys are exactly 2 months apart and Caroline and Briggs are about 2 1/2 months apart.  So fun!

April 15 022

silly boys

April 15 025

who are the little babies again?

The next two pictures are pretty cool.  The first is of Briggs and Caroline.  The next one is of Ben and Wyatt when Jonathan and Ashlee came to meet Ben almost two years ago.  We had to ‘recreate’ the picture.  It’s crazy how similar both babies look to their old brothers. 

April 15 027

ben and wyatt

Sunday after Tommy and Kristin left I took Ben to Austin’s bday party for quick visit.  Poor baby has had to miss his other parties this month because of Briggs.  Austin lives behind us (until he moves in next door this summer) so we were able to walk.  Ben really didn’t care about the party.  Austin has every toy imaginable and that’s all Ben wanted to play with (until cake of course).  He threw a huge fit when it was time to leave.  He did so well just playing and being comfortable though that we think we can drop him off there for playdates now without Mommy or Daddy, yay!

April 17 026

playing the ‘little kid’ bounce house

April 17 033

busy working and playing

 

April 18 006

Here’s a little pic of our sweet baby. 

He’s not such a fan of tummy time.  Briggs is making us crazy with his sleep.  No matter how much we try to keep him up during the day and do some sort of sleep/eat/play schedule, he just won’t sleep at night and has to eat every 2 hours at the latest….arggghhh! we’re also pretty sure he’s not eating enough when I nurse him so we’ve been trying to give him bottles a little more often so we can see how much he’s eating.  It might helping??? Last night he screamed until 2 no matter how many things we tried.  Sweet Briggs, I do love you more than you’ll ever know, but mommy is no good to anyone without sleep.  What will I do when B goes back to work next week?  Tomorrow the little man will be 3 weeks.  It took Ben 14 weeks to sleep through the night, so that’s like 11 more weeks of no sleep, woohoo!  Come on Briggs, you can do better than your brother, we know you can!

3 comments:

The Masons said...

What a fun weekend! We had a great time visiting you guys and meeting Briggs. And I love the pictures of the boys - I wish they had fun together :)

Chani said...

I love this sweet post! I can't believe you're a mommy of 2!! They are perfectly precious, Amy!!

Anonymous said...

Love the post! Keep up the great work Momma!