Our little guy is 2 months today! He is a very sweet baby, but definitely has his personal preferences. I may write a ton in my random blog posts, but I’m so glad I do because I love having so many details to go back and look at. I looked at Ben’s 8 week and 2 month posts and I love seeing how the boys are alike and different. Briggs is getting this baby thing down now, he’s just a little slower than Ben. We still think a lot has to do with him being a tiny bit early (he even looks more like Ben did at 1 month than 2).
Tidbits:
His pacifier! Oh my goodness, this is going to be a paci baby for sure. It is the #1 soother in his life. If he’s not eating or sleeping, he’s sucking away.
Wants to be held all the time still. And I think he has some sort of internal meter when he knows how far off the ground he is so don’t try to hold him while you’re sitting if he’s fussy, you better stand up!
Enjoys the occasional nap on his belly. Yes, I know what they say about babies sleeping on their tummies, but I slept on my tummy and look how great I turned out
Fast eater. This boy, like his brother, can eat in a jiffy and he doesn’t care if it’s a bottle or mommy who’s feeding him-milk is milk!
Was averaging 3 1/2 hours of sleep until last night when he rocked it for 6 hours!!! Oh sweet Briggs, thank you! This was followed by 3 hours and then almost another 3-we didn’t roll out of bed until after 10 this morning, woohoo (Ben got a late bedtime and was happy playing in his room-we didn’t neglect him).
Likes the swing to go sideways, not forwards/back.
Bath time is getting a bit better-he’s getting a little happier with each bath. Ben joined him for their first joint bath this week (sadly-no picture). It’s hard to have Ben in there because he wants to ‘help’ by pouring water into Briggs’ tub and splash him.
Briggs would like it if every red light and all the traffic disappeared so we never have to stop.
Hates tummy time, but does a great job of holding his head up when he’s laying on your tummy.
Is just beginning to stick his tongue out like a lizard
Shed his first real tear today-I did too!
Has a super sweet coo and smile-makes this momma’s heart melt!
some pictures from our week
Can you say success?!?! My first trip with both boys minus daddy! I did it!
Remember Ben’s baby? We were about to leave and Baby needed to go with us so this is where Ben put him. He even picked up the carrier and started walking to the door.
those smiles do exist and are making an appearance more frequently
my sweetheart during tummy time-just too tired to even try
We made it one week sticking to no sweets in the house and then the other night Ben, in the sweetest voice, asked for a cookie. Who are we to say no? Off we went to the store. I thought he might like to push his own cart and he knew we were getting cookies. I was talking to my mom and he was following me and the next thing I knew he was loading up the cart with any cookies he could find. So funny. I felt awful taking them away. When we got the ones we were looking for I let him put them in the cart and then he started to open the package and try to eat the cookies. It was SO cute and everyone around us was laughing.
They are my everything!
Did you know that in the mornings Baby needs to get the ewws wiped away like Ben. Sometimes we even have to give him a diaper. Good thing he’s little like Briggs.
Ben found a Beany Bear last night and showed it to me. I told him he had a teddy bear. He calls it a tommy bear. Today he was feeding Tommy Bear milk from his ‘boobies’ aka-his belly button. He will tell any stranger where Briggs milk comes from if you ask.
My teammate and friend, Amber, had her baby almost a month ago. The boys and I went to visit Brady this week. This is the resulting picture we got. Thanks, Briggs. While we were taking this picture, Ben was destroying her house. If you need to know what to child proof, just let Ben come over, you’ll know in a second!
This is a busy week for us. Both boys have checkups on Wednesday, I’m going to hopefully take them to my class end of year party on Thursday and then Friday is someone’s second birthday!
1 comment:
So cute! I think Caroline has a height meter too :) I loved the picture of Ben with his grocery cart and that he filled it to the brim with cookies!
Post a Comment