Poor Briggs still wasn’t doing so hot as last week ended. I ran into one of the nurses at the mall on Thursday (a quick trip to the Disney store for Ben) and told her he was still sick and she suggested we come in Friday morning. Good thing. It took 5 seconds for his RSV test to come back positive along with a “major” double ear infection (but his HFM sores had disappeared). So we’ve been doing the breathing treatments every few hours which SUCKS for both of us and he’s on a strong antibiotic for his ears. This weekend everyone BUT Ben was sick. One of those times we REALLY wished family lived close to us. Briggs is doing MUCH better today and we even got out to a playdate, woohoo!
Dr. Ben trying to fix baby brother
Taking a break from his first hot chocolate experience with Daddy after some soccer fun at the park
So we were at the Disney Store because last Wednesday night Ben ASKED to sleep in his room. I had to lay there with him until he fell asleep, but that took about 1 minute and he made it ALL night!!! He knew that as soon as he made it all night we’d go straight to the Disney store and get Daisy for his collection. We walked out with 8 plushes in hopes to entice him to do it again…hasn’t happened since. Small victories, right?
And this is what happens when someone refuses to nap-he falls asleep on Daddy watching tv. This was Saturday
Sunday (he actually never woke up from this one-slept from 5 pm til 8 the next morning)
And Monday. Just nap gosh darn it!
Because Daddy was sick he stayed home on Monday and it worked out that Briggs went down for his nap just when our playgroup Valentine’s party was starting so Ben and I could make it. I was SOOO excited to get out of the house and see my friends. We had it at the library (did you know they have a huge room you can rent for free) so that no one had to get ready for it and had it catered…YUM! Ben was watching the rain here.
Each mom brought a toy for the kids to share and play with. Ben is going to be a rockstar! Ben was REALLY well behaved. And just as I texted that to B, he did a 180. As we were cleaning up, he grabbed a handful of nuggets and shoved them in his mouth. I tried to just shrug it off, but then he SPIT his CHEWED up nuggets in the ice cooler. As I’m fishing out nugget bits in freezing cold water, he walks over to where the cupcakes are and wipes all the icing off of one and shoves it into his mouth. Little Beep-Beep-Beep! After that it was time to go!
His class exchanged Valentine’s and Mrs. Wilkins said he did such a great job. He was SO excited to come home and eat them. I gave him one and then went to put the sheets on the bed (thank you Charley for peeing on the bed AGAIN). I walked back and he had shoveled more into his mouth. Oh Ben!!!
While Ben was at school for Valentine’s, Briggs and I met B for lunch. Briggs looked SO cute and like such a big boy, but was too squirmy to get a picture with my phone.
These two are my Valentine’s EVERY day! B had to work really late yesterday and Ben and I were talking about what Valentine’s day is for and how we tell everyone we love them. He looks at me and says, “well we need to call Boots and Gramma and tell them we love them!” So we did
2 comments:
Oh Amy... Your stories of Ben make me laugh! I know the naughty things they do at the time are not funny at all, but sure make good stories later! Love, love, love the last pic of the three of you, so sweet!
I love your blog! I'm so sorry for everything you guys have been through lately with sickies. And I'm with Amanda--love love love the picture of all three of you. :)
Post a Comment