Just like everything else with these kids, this school year FLEW by. I can’t believe my baby is done with his first year of ‘school’. Ben has LOVED going to school this year. He adores his teachers and loves the friends he’s made this year. He doesn’t understand the concept of summer so he doesn’t get that school is over for a few months. Next year he will move to the other side of the school and go to Sonshine Academy (as opposed to Sonshine School). Mrs. Wilkins made each kid a scrapbook and it’s so fun to see how big my boy got. She also wrote them each a sweet prayer just for them. I asked Mrs. Wilkins to write Ben a letter (as I’ll do each year). I plan on giving them to him when he graduates. The letter is so sweet and definitely had me in tears.
The last three days of school were all really busy. The Tuesday after Mother’s Day, Ben’s class had Muffins with Mom. A friend offered to watch Briggs so I could devote this time to Ben (and he LOVED it).
Love being this little stinker’s mommy!
Wrestling with Colby and Connor
Half of Ben’s class has summer birthday so on Thursday we had one big birthday party for them at school. Briggs practiced not being with mommy again while he played at Michelle’s (and would only sit by the door because he missed me…awww). Ben acts so weird when I’m around. Uncooperative little toot!
is he really almost 3???
Mrs. Wilkins prayed for each of them (while Ben stuffed his mouth with food)
He finally agreed to wear the birthday hat when he opened his present from Mrs. Wilkins.
And then Tuesday was Ben’s last day of the year. He has gotten SOOOO big! He had a little party at school and then afterwards we went for ice cream like we did the first day of school.
Such a big boy!
It wasn’t until I put the pics side by side that I could really see a difference. My baby lost all his ‘babyness’ this year! Tear, tear, sniff, sniff!
Look at that shirt!
Michelle and Addie came with us again. Ben and Addie have a love/hate relationship. We like to call them an old married couple, but they’re really like siblings. They can be so loving and sweet one minute and then the next they’re screaming at the tops of their lungs. They’ve even started (on their own) calling each other Benjamin and Addison???
Another comparison pic of the first day of school ice cream and last day.
Total we had 6 of the kids in Ben’s class join us for ice cream (plus a few siblings). It was so hot, but the kids had so much fun and were a dirty mess! Can you see Briggs in the background trying to be a ‘big kid’??
Ben joined Connor in the no shirt club after his was covered in melted goodness!
Oh this picture is PRICELESS to me. It will, without a doubt, haunt my child for the rest of his life. Some of the kids are potty trained and were using the potty and Ben INSISTED on going potty too right as we were leaving. I walked in and he was sitting like this. We joked that they wanted to cheer each other on in the potty like they do at school one more time. And no, nothing came out, but man did he have fun playing with the toilet paper!!!
Oh my, I am SO going to miss Ben going to school this summer. He will, too. But, before we know it, it’ll be September and time for school again!
No comments:
Post a Comment