Friday, June 8, 2012

Par-tay!

***3 posts in 1 night…Go Amy***

Oh Good Gracious!  I am NOT a party planner nor do I ever think I want to be one.  They stress me out like no other!  Our little monkey turning 3 was no different.  I decided months ago that I’d just have his party at the splash park during the week.  This way I didn’t have to worry about who to invite (unlike if I had a limit at a party place).  The kids could play and I’d have cupcakes and drinks for them.  Easy, simple-my style!  But Mother Nature had other plans.  Monday we were watching the weather and the forecast had storms for Wednesday.  I got worried and moved it to Friday.  Of course there was no rain Wednesday morning.  Figures!  And then Thursday the forecast says 60% rain Friday morning.  We had too many friends who couldn’t come next week so I had to do it Friday or not at all.  So to the mall we went.  My original RSVP list had over 40 kids so there was no way we could do our house.  Luckily we have some of the most amazing friends who still came to the mall to celebrate our little guy.  The kids played at first in the play area and then headed to the food court.  Due to a variety of reasons (all of which I totally understood) our guest list almost halved, but we still had fun.  And Daddy was able to sneak away from work for a little to join us (the boys went nuts when they saw him).  So thankful he was there so take care of my little koala bear baby.  And guess what-the weather today was PERFECT!  Ugh, so frustrating!

June 8 015

All sweaty from chasing daddy in the play area, but so excited for his party!

June 8 031

being shy while everyone sings

June 8 038

Make a Wish!

June 8 053

I think cupcakes are this kid’s favorite food!  He even sent Daddy back to work covered in orange!

June 8 052

Some of our amazing friends!!!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great time! We love our sweet ben!! :)