So that I don’t forget the quirks of Ben being 3 years and 2 months:
*fascinated with his boy parts. Ugh! I hate this! He also likes to be naked. There are many times when he’ll walk into the room and his clothes are missing.
*refers to himself in the 3rd person ALL THE TIME (Ben is hungry, Ben wants to watch tv, Ben needs to go potty). It’s so weird.
*cannot pronounce his ‘l’ sound. Part of me hopes he never gets this because it’s kind of cute.
*has developed a distaste of milk just like his mommy and Grams.
*now tells us to “GIVE ME ______!” This does not go over well with mommy at all.
*when he sees a toy he wants at the store, he will tell me that it’s 3 years old just like he is so he should get it. <sigh>
*is obsessed with super heroes now. LOVES to play Iron Man, Wolverine (aka the scratching guy), spider man, etc.
*doesn’t like to drink from “baby” cups anymore, only wants to use “big boy” ones.
*believes that “stupid” is a bad word and NEVER misses it when someone says it. NEVER.
*we’ve also taught him that “hate” isn’t a good word so he’s quick to catch everyone on that, too.
*loves to put mommy/daddy/Briggs/toys in “jails”. Not jail, but jails. And don’t you bother telling him he’s wrong.
*finds pure enjoyment I think in arguing with me about just about everything. Don’t bother correcting him because he’s right all the time. Must get that from his daddy
*still keeps an eye on Briggs making sure he doesn’t eat peanuts.
*knows how to get us home from just about anywhere in Frisco.
*will still run all day if allowed
*is the DEEPEST sleeper and snores so loudly just like his daddy
*high a very high word quota he has to reach each day. The kid even talks in his sleep.
*today he pooped in his pants for the second day in a row (after a LONG time of being accident free). While I was cleaning everything up he grabbed his xylophone and started singing, “I pooped in my pants and mommy is not happy…” It was so hard not to laugh and smile while I was trying not to murder him.
*bedtime is still hell!
*doesn’t seem to need as much sleep as they say. Gets about 11 hours and doesn’t nap…EVER!
*has two patches of eczema on his head that cause his hair to grow funny in those spots.
*gives tons of hugs and kisses a day
*goes bonkers if we don’t see his friends each day
*tells us “I am ANGRY” if he doesn’t get his way and stomps off
*wears 4T tops and 3-4T shorts and size 10 shoes (and adult size hats)
*cannot stand to have his nails cut. After 3 years I finally figured out to do it while he’s sleeping.
*favorite toys: Cars movie cars, ‘guys’ (super heroes), any pretend food (especially the McDonalds kitchen Addie gave him), puzzles and tools
*idolizes his daddy
*getting better and better with being a good big brother. He really loves Briggs and loves to play with him (as long as Briggs doesn’t touch his toys).
*makes me laugh, smile and thank God everyday that I get to be this crazy kid’s momma!
pretty much sums up how silly he is
1 comment:
Love him! He's perfect :)
Post a Comment