Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

Our playgroup decided to fill boxes for Operation Christmas Child this year. The boxes were filled with everything from toothbrushes to crayons to candy and will be sent to children around the world who wouldn't get anything otherwise.
Ben is almost at the age where he can understand this concept, but it was still REALLY hard for him. He didn't know why he couldn't play with all the toys. We met at the park to organize all the boxes (to make it easy we each just bought 12 of whatever item(s) we chose. I didn't expect Ben to want to help, but he was really excited to decorate the boxes with stickers. And he signed his first Christmas card with his name :). I'm not going to lie- I was a happy momma watching him :)
Briggs helped by eating the cookies and muffins we had and playing with mommy :)