Sunday, October 20, 2013

5 years ago...

5 years ago today I found out this little guy had moved in to my belly!  And while the weeks following were scary and nerve racking, I wouldn't trade them for anything. Sweet Ben- you are the best. I have loved you more than anything for five years now. I would have given anything for you to be safe five years ago and the same is true now. You are a miracle!  Our miracle!  I read a few weeks ago that a baby born after the loss of a baby or a miscarriage is called a rainbow baby since it's the beauty that comes after a storm. I can't imagine a more wonderful rainbow than you, Ben!

It's not technically your bday, but a very special day nonetheless!  So here are some facts about you at 4 years and 4 months:
-you love tv, superheroes "guys", toy cars and planes from the Pixar movies, ninja turtles
-you're only allowed to watch Disney jr or sprouts, but could sit and watch tv all day. It's what calms you and you have to have a little tv time as soon as you come home from school. 
-you can read!  You are rocking your CVC words and try to sound out everything you see. You read the word "Frisco" on my car and almost exploded with happiness!  This teacher mama loves it!
-you are sooooo good at school, mops and cubbies. So well behaved. This angelic behavior doesn't exactly follow you home though. 
-you love to snuggle and give me hugs and kisses
-you are the heaviest sleeper!  The other day the windows were open and you were snoring as the lawn guys were outside the window. You also still hate to sleep by yourself. You love being able to fall asleep in our bed. 
-you are MESSY!  You do not care about neatness. You are a bit of a slob and oh how I wish you got that trait from daddy, but sadly, it's me!
-you're a very picky eater, but hate white milk, fig newtons, candy corn and pepperoni
-you love all those bad snacks and drinks that you shouldn't have :)
-you're a really good big brother when you want to be. But you two also fight like cats and dogs!
-you're in 4t bottoms and 5t tops

Sweet Ben- we love you!  We love your big heart to others. We love how you talk about how much you love the Lord and how much He loves you!  Each day you make my heart grow and I can't wait for it continue to grow with love for our sweet Ben!

2 comments:

Grams said...

Beautifully said Sweetie..he is truly a smile in my heart :)

The Masons said...

Such a sweet post!