Yesterday was a CRAZY day! I have never experienced anything like it and pray I never do again. On Wednesday at school all my kiddos were there all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Then I started the day off yesterday with 7 out, all with fever/flu symptoms. By 12:00 another 5 had been sent home with a fever. 12 out of 21 kids all sick with similar symptoms. I called the nurse and asked her what I should look for and she said a headache-yep, had that. I ran down to get my temp taken and was sent home at 12:30. I called my doc and they couldn't get me in until this morning and said in the meantime to avoid loving on Ben. WHAT!!!
Seriously??? Lots of tears. That's not what I wanted to hear. Last night was torture listening to Daddy and Ben play and have bath time without me. It was the first night I haven't put him to bed. I hated not being the first person he saw in the morning. Luckily I'm not confined to my room and can see him, but not touch. He's been flashing his huge smile at me when he sees me. I just want to run over and kiss on him! But I am SO lucky to have B. He has been so wonderful doing everything with Ben.
Today 15 of my 21 kids were out sick and 2 more went home...and on a field trip day! It's crazy and I've been psycho about hand washing and spraying Lysol all over my room.
This morning was good news followed by bad news. Good news-tested negative for the flu and was told I could kiss on his feet and back, but should have minimal contact. Bad news-felt worse as the day went on (we kept Ben home today so we could go out and do things with him since the doc said it was okay-bad idea). If I don't feel any better in the morning I go back for another test and I'm back to no contact with Monkey in the meantime. Let's pray I feel fabulous in the morning.
How can I not love all over this face?
1 comment:
You can do it Amy! This stinks! I can't believe how many kids in your class are sick! That has to be a record! Hang in there. Miss you!
Post a Comment