Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat

Today was Monkey's 1st Halloween. We love Halloween and are excited to share our love of it with Ben as he grows up. It was also on Halloween last year that we saw/heard his heartbeat for the first time. Halloween is a little more exciting for me now that kids from my school come to our house. When I open the door I love to hear their squeals of excitement (or shock/terror) that they found a teacher's house. My rock star moment.

We took Ben trick or treating next door. Of course we did this all for the pictures.

He had no idea what we were doing.
On our way home we saw my friend Michelle from work and her daughter Addie-the cutest cat I've ever seen. Michelle and I took the babies to another teacher's house down the street to trick or treat.

Ben and Daddy. This mask didn't last long. Daddy scared the daylights out of the little 2 year old across the street from us. Pretty sure we ruined his Halloween and we were the first house he went to. After that the mask was put away.


This is how Ben sat tonight while Daddy fed him dinner. Daddy doesn't like the tray you put on top and apparently Ben doesn't mind. I have a feeling we're going to have to work on table manners when he's older.


We've had Ben dressed in warm clothes so much lately that it's weird to see his bare legs. Daddy was playing with him and we noticed just how BIG his thighs are. Oh my!

Just 365 days until Halloween 2010. The costume ideas are already beginning!





4 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute pics, love the one with him and Addie and him in his high chair, too cute! Love his chubby legs too, that's what Ry's look like too, love them ;)

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!!! He is for sure the cutest monkey I have ever seen. We loved trick or treating with you! We should make it an annual tradition! Love, M & A

Ashley Warren said...

Love Him, Love Him, Love Him!!!
What an adorable little monkey. Can't wait to see him again!

Darling Daughters said...

We had the same problem at our house with a Halloween scare followed by crying. Thank you so much to your DH for putting away the mask!! :) I'll blog about the story this weekend...