But yes, that's right! If you look at the title of this post you'll see we have a new name to go along with our new TOOTH! I noticed it on our snow day during lunch. I must say, it is the cutest little tooth I've ever seen! We started puffs this weekend since we have a tooth. I have no idea if it's developmentally appropriate yet, but Ben likes it so we're good. We love watching him try to get the puff from the bowl into his mouth. So funny. He gets so excited to get them in his hands (picture a lobster trying to grab a cheerio), but then drops them. Bruiser and Bailey have now found the fun of Ben eating in a high chair. When he figures out how excited they get from the dropped food, we're in for a big mess!
So much happens in 10 days. He can now play a piano, recite the Preamble and run a mile in 6 minutes :) So maybe it's not all true, but with his tooth came a bunch of new sounds/words. Bob is still his favorite word to say-all.the.time! I have no idea why? It's not Baba, it's Bob. I have an Uncle Bob who is wonderful so maybe he's calling out for him? But now that we have a tooth we say Dada and Papa. Hmm, what's missing. That's right: MAMA! We only hear that when we have a crying Ben. Not cool!
We've also started 'stranger danger.' He's been a little hesitant to smile at strangers in the store and they said that at school one day he flipped out when someone else came in to help out during a bathroom break. He refused to let her hold him and feed him. But-he also is beginning to recognize friends. Aunt Lucy saw us over the holidays at the store and he lit up for her. She also graciously watched Ben on Friday so we could enjoy a very yummy dinner at Chamberlains and he was so excited when she came over with Becky. His ease with her puts our hearts at peace when we leave.
Here are a ton of pictures from the past few days:
I also tried putting his hair in a mohawk.
He's getting so much closer to real crawling. He moves everywhere, but not in a straight line and not forward. He wants so badly to move around. He's developed another cold. Mommy's on a round of antibiotics for a sinus and respiratory infection so he probably caught it from me. He's also getting straight formula this weekend because of a steroid I'm on. Say a prayer for his tummy.
Another note: Our other baby boy, Bruiser, celebrated his 6th birthday on Friday. I think he thinks he's still 6 months and not 6 years. He'll always be the biggest puppy. He was able to celebrate with Aunt Lucy and Becky. They had lots of fun with him Friday night!
Tomorrow we're all off. Yay for another day of family love!
2 comments:
This is so sweet! I love the picture of you and Ben, Amy! Your eyes look so blue and pretty! And how cute are little boys with hair gel in their hair!?!? SO handsome!! :)
Yay for a tooth!!!! He is so cute. I love the little smile he gives. I need to see him in person!
Post a Comment