Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day

Today is Ben's first "snow day." We have NO snow, but our school district is closed due to inclement weather. As much fun as it is to not have school, I do NOT want to have to make this up in April. Ben's school is open, but I wanted a Mommy and Ben day so he's home...just where he's supposed to be :) I was thinking that today is the first day since I went back to work where it's just been the two of us at home-no daddy and no school. Love it!

So Ben has had a tough time napping at school this week. For example, yesterday he slept a whopping 25 minutes the entire time he was at school. His poor teachers are trying their hardest, but they say he just wants to play and look around. He also has a new student in his class-a GIRL. She's only 2 months and now he's not the youngest. He finally has someone to show the ropes to. And, truth be told, I think he might be staying awake so he can keep his eye on her. Perhaps there is a little crush going on??? (shhh, don't tell Mayson).

So anyway we're home and so far today he's already slept over twice the amount as he did yesterday. The really big downside of his lack of napping is he is soooo tired when we get home and can barely stay awake to play with US. So maybe God created this snow day just so my prince can rest and Mommy can have her playtime with him.


Tonight is the BIG game! Ben is ready! Daddy told him to sleep all day today so he can stay up and watch Texas stomp all over Alabama (we can hope). We're all ready to hear Grandpa cheering/yelling all the way from Austin (or El Paso-wherever he ends up tonight).
Ben had so much fun at school on Monday, he was pooped when he got home. The poor kid slept just about the entire evening.

Ben spit up on his clothes at school on Tuesday and they changed him into these pants. They're 6 months. I guess I haven't given any bigger clothes to daycare lately. They made me laugh how short they are. We're even noticing that his 9 months clothes are too tight and short. Our 'baby' is getting so big!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will make sure Bill..aka..grampa sees the team spirit Ben is showing..and you are correct in saying you will hear Bill all the way from Austin. I dont have to remind you to be ready to cover Bens ears!!!!!

The Masons said...

So glad that you got to spend today with Ben! I love his Texas outfit too!

Tamara said...

Glad you got to enjoy your day with Ben! He is getting so big:) I was praying and hoping we would get a snow day but of course it didn't happen...