This was not our best weekend. Poor Ben went from pink eye and an ear infection to SWINE FLU! He was home with Daddy on Thursday resting and started running a fever. I stayed home with him on Friday and the fever wouldn't fall so I called the doctor and they had us come in. He's been on antibiotics for the ear infection so they were worried. At first they tried to tell me it was a virus and send me on our way, but I KNEW something was wrong and wouldn't accept virus as an answer. They ran blood work which came back fine, but also a flu test. He was vaccinated for the regular flu, but not swine flu. So our poor monkey hasn't been feeling so great. His fever was the highest on Saturday and I had to be at a workshop all day. Today was much better and our yucky fever finally dropped without Motrin (Tylenol did nothing for him). The best news-Grandma's coming tomorrow night to stay with him for the week!!! She flies in tomorrow night (daddy's staying home tomorrow) and is here until Thursday night. We are SO grateful she can do this.

I came home for lunch on Saturday and my sweet boy was sound asleep on Daddy. We broke every rule and let him sleep on us this past week. Rules are made to be broken and who doesn't want to snuggle with their Mommy or Daddy when they're sick?

starting to feel better

Let me explain this picture from this morning:
Mommy (feeling achy and sick)-"Can you watch Ben so I can get another hour of sleep?"
Daddy (being a dork and playing a computer game)- "sure, I'll put him in the jumper."
Mommy-"don't, there isn't enough clearance and he'll probably hit his giant head."
Daddy-"he'll be fine, go to bed."
For the first minute he was so happy so I ran to get my camera.
Then- Mommy-"told you so" as I walked into our room and Daddy scooped up Ben.
note-he barely bumped his head, he's just practicing for his Oscar for best dramatic performance (he does this occasionally).

This was HYSTERICAL! Ben was playing with a stuffed animal that Bruiser thought should be his. He was trying to get it from Ben and Ben kept shaking at him and laughing as
Brusier sat there wanting it. These two are going to have lots of fun together!

It was right after this picture that we went to the doctor

My little man crashed on our bed this morning.
Tonight Ben watched his first Super Bowl. Well, a little of it. He's a tired baby. It was during the Super Bowl last year we decided on his name, Ben, after the winning QB. We said if the
Steelers win, his name is Ben.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much to our WONDERFUL family who called and texted to check on sweet Ben so much this weekend. We are so lucky to have you. I am also SO lucky to have a friend like Ashley who called while they were doing Ben's tests and let me cry because I was so worried. Even though she was exhausted and ready to pick up Miss Mayson, she offered to come to the doctor's office and be there with me. I told her no, but the thought meant so much to me!
Ben-please be nice to Mayson as you two grow up. Don't pull her hair or steal her toys because her mommy is one of the kindest people I know and I love her!
6 comments:
One more injury/illness and we may have to come take Ben away from you! We hope he gets better VERY soon and does not interfere with his Florida vacation plans. I plan on spending as much time with my grand-nephew as possible (don't worry- I've had all my shots). I love you Ben (Mommy and Daddy, too)!
I'm so sorry Amy. You guys have had a rough few days.:( Love you and hang in there. Let me know if you need anything!
You are too sweet! You would have done it for me. I hope he gets back to his old self soon!
SWINE FLU!!??? How did I miss this! I thought it was still only an ear infection. We must talk tomorrow! OMG poor baby! Poor mommy too!
Poor Ben, hope he feels better soon!!!
I hope Ben is feeling better! He is as precious as ever...I love his spiky hair do!
Post a Comment