How lucky am I to have such an awesome grandma like you! Thank you for coming this week to stay with me while I got better. I'm doing so well now and it's all thanks to your love and care. I had SO much fun with you. I loved how you took me all around the house in my buggy and stopped at every light and fan and let me look at them. I loved reading stories with you and playing with the toys in my room. Mommy and Daddy are so thankful you could come. Can you come every week? Thank you for getting mad at Mommy every time she called my belly fat. I'm so happy you were here when we had all the snow, too. I am even more happy we got to drive you home on Friday (just in time for Grandpa's birthday) so I got a few more days with you. I'm already missing you so much. I love you! Hopefully I'll see you soon.
Love,
Ben
School was cancelled on Friday so we drove Grandma back instead of her flying (which was a good thing as her flight was cancelled).
On Saturday Grandma kicked Mommy and Daddy out of the house so she could have some more time with Ben. She took him in a walk in his buggy to see his Great Grandparents! Sweet Ben was such a good boy and loved hanging out with these two fabulous people! He's wearing the UT hat they gave him when he was born. It fits now! She also took him to see Aunt Jan and Uncle Jim and show him off.
Grandma even arranged for a train to come by while they had a picnic outside after their walk (wink, wink). The kids on the train loved watching Ben wave and clap at them. He was fascinated with the choo choo sound and music. And for the record-Ben likes to eat leaves more than veggies.
He was also fascinated with Grandpa's boots! After he played with his boots Grandpa helped him walk.
Aunt Tina gave her Valentine a dancing monkey. So cute!
We were watching the NBA slam dunk contest so Tommy and Kristin made Ben into a mini Michael Jordan.
Ben loves to clap and then do "touch down"
A Tommy and Ben tradition. Do you think Ben will think it's weird when we have him do this pose when he's 12?
Aunt Kristin and Uncle Tommy love
Unfortunately she had to work most of our trip and only got a little bit of Ben time, but my goodness he loves her.
Ben appears to be back to normal. His appetite is in full force (we're actually thinking he might be going through a growth spurt he's eating so much) and he's just such a happy baby. He's pulling up on everything now. Today Bill said Ben said "mom" clear as can be. Of course it was when I was at the store. I love how his baby babble makes words!!!
♥
We had such a great weekend and are so happy we had a last minute trip to Austin. On our way home today we stopped at Bush's for breakfast (doesn't everyone eat fried chicken for breakfast) so I could get my absolute favorite sweet tea ever! While we were there Ben managed to knock his fruit ALL over my pants and while I was changing into jeans he kept spitting it at Daddy as he fed him. I think they were very happy when we left :) But Mommy left with a gallon of the stuff that she has to finish before Lent starts on Wednesday.
♥
Tomorrow I'm off. Yay for a 4 day weekend. Ben is going to hang out at school for a few hours since it's been 2 weeks since he was there. I don't want Tuesday to be a huge shock for him. But then we get to have lunch with Daddy!
6 comments:
Wow Amy what a nice blog. You captured the week beautifully. I am always just a phone call away. Thank-you for taking "your" days off to spend in Austin..With a little more notice on your next visit to Austin-I can arrange for a circus on the street while Ben and I are having our picnic..(love you Kris)...hahah
Grandma
Grandma Cathy was the perfect medicine for Ben :) And no worries about arranging for a circus...I've already booked the Magic Kingdom for Ben to have all to himself when he comes down.
Love you lots Cathy...thank you for being there for the kids and the most perfect grandson in the world!
Hugs, Kris 'alias Grams'
Okay, I need blog lessons....how I signed in as Aunt Linda I just don't know. Must be from missing Ben I lose all concentration!
That is the best snow man EVER! I'm so glad Ben is feeling better. We need to schedule a play date!
looks like a fun weekend and I'm glad Ben is better!!!
Hey Grams..you kill me..Magic Kingdom!!! Okay I will give you that one..Grampa and I cant wait to take Ben to NY in celebration of his first birthday..What is that big toy store there..something Schwartz..anyway love you...Grandma Cathy
Post a Comment