Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Zoo Day!

I have been looking forward to today for months!  Back when the weather was insanely hot we planned to take Ben to the zoo on the day before Thanksgiving if we stayed in town.  Well we’re here for the holiday so off to the zoo.  I was giddily happy (is that a word) about this day.  I even had snacks and water ready to go last night.  Sweet Ben loves birds and animals so we thought he’d eat up the zoo.  As soon as we got him in the stroller a strong gust of wind blew leaves and a bunch of birds flew by and he went nuts clapping and cheering.  Guess we could have just sat in the parking lot all day.  Once we were inside he was more timid than we thought he’d be and did a lot of squeezing of Daddy’s hand.  He LOVED the monkeys and the turtles were a hit, too.  I guess at school they practice being elephants because he started acting like one with his arm as a trunk as soon as we saw one.  Too funny. 

I took over 100 pictures today (I know, surprise).  Here are some of my favorites:

 

November 24 002

My two favorite monkeys watching some monkeys.

November 24 006

just in awe…

 November 24 016

 November 24 033

We asked him what a monkey does so he started acting like one :)

 November 24 040

it’s so big!

 November 24 048

A certain mommy forgot the straw that goes inside this cup, oops.  Poor kid was a little thirsty all day.

 November 24 066

Turtles!  Oh my goodness does this kid love turtles now.  We let him out of his stroller to get a closer look and he refused to leave them.  When we’d walk away he’d sneak around us and run back shouting “turtles!”

 November 24 080

There just aren’t words for how much I love this little man!

 November 24 085

Ben heard Daddy used to wrestle gators (wink wink) and thought he’d try it himself.

 November 24 091

A bear!

November 24 103

MOO

November 24 109

2 1/2 hours of zoo fun equals a pooped out little boy. 

2 comments:

The Masons said...

I'm so glad that y'all had a great day at the FW Zoo. Isn't it the best?! I won't even take Wyatt to the Dallas Zoo because it just doesn't compare :) Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

How fun!!!! I love this post!