I was going to wait until B told his parents, but they haven’t called and I want to get this blog up. So…Way back when we were 13 weeks along with Ben, we were leaving B’s company Christmas party with our friends, the Masons. I can clearly remember telling them our little secret and that we knew it was a boy. Ashlee was a couple months ahead and I think they knew they were having a boy, too. Anyway, somehow the name Briggs came up and B jumped all over it. From that day on it’s ALL I heard as an alternative name for Ben (half joking, half serious). Fast forward to the Super Bowl and we decided on Ben and never looked back. I cannot think of Ben being anything but Ben. So when we found out this one was another boy, Briggs was the first name we talked about, but it quickly got buried under the insane names B came up with instead. I’m serious when I say that we actually got into fights over naming this child. I finally dropped the issue because it just wasn’t worth the fighting. We knew God would lead us to his name when it was time. So last week we were talking about it again and Briggs came back up and was quickly decided upon. It’s really the ONLY name we are in agreement with. It’s a far cry from the traditional names we always talked about. I always thought my sons would be named after presidents or Biblical characters. Briggs middle is Carson, which is a family name on my side (both my dad and my great grandpa’s middle names are Carson). We cannot wait to meet our little Briggs. Ben already calls him “Biggs.”
This weekend we moved Ben out of his high chair and into a booster seat. He’s doing pretty well with it, but still asks for his high chair occasionally.
Monday we had a sonogram to see sweet Briggs. For some reason I just couldn’t make out anything on the screen (must have been all the sugar in the Glucola I had to take). But she showed us his sweet face in 3D and I could see that. He has HUGE cheeks and kept putting his hand halfway in front of his face (camera shy like his Daddy). Doc says he’s about 3 lbs and a little above average in weight (taking after his big brother). It should also come as no surprise that his head is measuring two weeks ahead of the rest of him.
It was a beautiful 75 degrees over the weekend and we’ve spent the past 3 days home because of icy weather and we’ll all be home again tomorrow. Our driveway is 4 inches thick of ice. We’ve spent lots of time watching cars slip and slide all over our street. The three of us haven’t left at all. We have used this time to get a TON done in the house. Luckily we have the best helper lending a hand. He loves being daddy’s “helper” and says it in the cutest little voice. I am glad we’ve all been home, especially since the little guy is battling a nasty little cold. Neon green should not come out of anyone’s nose-EVER! When he’s not being absolutely adorable, he’s been spending some time being a little monster whining and fussing. Let’s hope that’s the cold. We found out his daycare flooded overnight. Keeping our fingers crossed they get it all back together by Monday.
On Friday we went to see sweet Caroline, the Mason’s newest little princess. Ben was pretty shy at first, but after some pizza he warmed right up to Wyatt. Caroline, on the other hand, he really could have cared less about. At first he wanted nothing to do with her (probably because Wyatt has some fun toys), but the second time I held her he wasn’t too thrilled.
Ben meeting sweet Caroline. Wyatt was so excited to show off his little sister. I had forgotten how little they are. I’m not sure I’ll remember how to hold Briggs or what to do with him!!!
Playing with Wyatt’s awesome train set.
At one point the boys weren’t checking in on us so I went to see what they were doing and this is what I saw :)
Ben’s snack after school lately has been cookies, except he insists on holding the box and bag and don’t you dare take it away from him!
Daddy had to take the treadmill apart to get it downstairs so Ben had some fun playing with the “beep beeps”
A little coloring time with Daddy after a hard day’s work on Tuesday
This is 4 inches of ICE in our driveway
Thanks to the crazy weather we had some rolling blackouts. Mommy got worried about how cold the house would get when the power was out and bundled up the little guy.
5 comments:
Hey Amy!! So glad to hear that you are doing well. Ben as always looks so sweet! I love the name Briggs Carson. I love unique names...especially growing up as one of the only girls I knew named Molly. Sweet Baby Briggs will be loved by all who meet him!! Best wishes!
Yeah for Briggs and for making it official! I love the pictures of the boys - they sure did have a fun time on Friday night!
I love the name Briggs! Nice work! SO excited to meet your new little man! love you guys!
Love the name! So very cute and it goes so well with Ben!
Post a Comment