Monday, May 16, 2011

ABCDEFG…

Ben has been spending his days and nights lately SCREAMING his ABC’s over and over.  It lost it’s cuteness awhile ago, but I’m glad he knows them.  He’ll even pause halfway through and say, “what’s next?” like I do when he’s singing. 

May 16 001

Gramma came last Monday-Wednesday and Ben loved having another person here to order around.  Gramma is like Daddy with pictures so you have to sneak them when you can.  This one is through the window, hee hee hee.  Thanks Gramma for coming.  I loved the extra sleep and the ‘me’ time.  See you in a few days!  Gramma told Ben that she and Boots would have donuts at their house so that’s all Ben’s talked about since she left. 

May 16 002

Ashley brought Mayson over to play last week.  I gave them each a cereal bar to prevent a meltdown during the witching hour.  They each took one bite.  Can you guess which one belongs to which kiddo.  Ben also spent the first 10 minutes chasing Mayson around saying, “kiss, kiss” until she kissed him.

May 16 003

The first time in the Bumbo…still working on liking it

May 16 010

Kisses for our baby Briggs last night

May 16 014

Grammy got Ben this Grinch for Christmas along with the matching book.  It sat in a cubby in his playroom until I was in the hospital with Briggs when Aunt Tina and Gramma found it.  They were using it to teach Ben how to be gentle and loving with a baby.  It’s since become his baby and must be near him most of the time.  He sleeps with it (and a zillion other lovies) and takes it downstairs when he’s awake.  The other night we had that typical frantic scene where while Daddy was tucking Ben in, Mommy was running around looking for Baby because Ben would not calm down until he had it.  I think it’s funny that his ‘baby’ is a green grinch. 

May 16 015

Today we met Daddy for a picnic in the park for lunch.  Our friends, Ashlee and Jonathan, do this often and I’ve been so envious of them.  It’s just too hot during the summer or winter breaks so I said that as soon as I could stay home, we’d make it a normal thing.  It was so fun and relaxing.  We picnic’d my way-take out from Potbelly’s, but I promised B I’d learn how to picnic properly with a basket and everything Smile  Might need some pointers from Ashlee.

May 16 021

Briggs was not a happy baby when we got there.  The child wants to be held ALL THE TIME.  He will cry for at least an hour if you’d let him until you pick him up.  He just wants to be cuddled and loved on.  It makes getting things done around the house a little tricky.  Doesn’t care for his swing or bouncy chair, just wants to be held.  He’ll even sleep sitting up as long as your heart beat is near his ear.

May 16 030

There was a playground at the park and Ben was so mad he couldn’t play on it (we didn’t time lunch right with naps and Daddy’s schedule).  He also refused to eat his sandwich because he heard me order chips in the drive through.  Daddy said no chips until you eat your sandwich so the clever boy hid his sandwich, fed it to a tree, fed it to Daddy and put it in his mouth and when he though B wasn’t looking took it out.  Tsk, Tsk, tsk little stinker!

We are headed to Austin on Thursday for Michelle’s wedding.  The littles’ first wedding and Briggs’ first car trip.  So excited!  Ben’s been practicing his dancing.  Get ready Aunt Tina!

2 comments:

The Masons said...

Our picnics are never with a basket and today it was Raisin' Caines :) You give me way too much credit! I can't believe how big Briggs is! We need a playdate soon. And Wyatt loves feeding his breakfast, lunch or dinner to anything that moves...or doesn't!

Amanda said...

Have you tried a baby sling with Briggs? It might help you get things done if he wants to be held all the time. You can borrow mine to try and see if he likes it before buying one if you would like. Just let me know ;)