We’ve had some pretty laid back days this past week. This Mommy is definitely excited for her new job hanging with her boys. We try to get out of the house each day. I’m already looking forward to the Fall when we can hang at the playground each day. Ben still sings Happy Birthday to himself about each day. I really am having so much fun at home with him. He gives kisses all the time and is just so cute. We haven’t had too many ‘terrible two’ moments lately which is a nice change. Briggs is Briggs. He’s reverted back to needing to eat every 2-3 hours at night. I just don’t know what to do. If he could talk I bet he’d tell me where I can put that Baby Wise book. He is much more smiley and likes to hang in his swing. This weekend he gave us 5 hour stretches and we might have spiked a bottle with 1/2 tablespoon of cereal Friday night to see if it helped. The little chunk is now in size 2 diapers and filling them up like a pro. Ben is becoming quite a good little helper and loves to talk to him like Mommy does. My favorite is when he gets his baby bro to give us the biggest smile. When Briggs coos Ben says he’s singing. I like that. I like them!
This is my pre-baby pool that I would lay in while I laid out. For some reason we’ve kept it and I got it out for Ben last week. He was so excited to go swimming. When he saw this he said, “no bath mommy, SWIMMING POOL!” I know, pretty pathetic pool. I guess we need the real thing! We did take both boys to the neighborhood pool on Thursday night. Briggs did better than we thought. Ben loved it!
Briggs isn’t quite big enough for the jumper yet.
Michelle and Addie invited us to their pool. It my first time to try the pool with both boys. There’s no way I could do it without another adult around, thanks Michelle! We made it 30 minutes before we had to leave for Briggs, but I call that success! Michelle is also Briggs’ first babysitter outside of family. She watched the boys last week so I could go to my end of year party for my class. The boys had their 2nd babysitter on Sunday when Kim, who works with Daddy, came over so we could go out and celebrate 7 years of being married. Kim was the first non family member to babysit Ben 2 years ago.
Briggs took a little nap on top of Baby. It was cute until Ben tried to pull Baby out from under Briggs.
Last Saturday we got to keep Mayson for the day. I am SO excited to get to do this occasionally during the school year. They had so much fun playing. It was actually easier having her here because she kept my shadow busy during the day.
Great Grandpa and Grandma Conroy gave Ben his own cell phone for his birthday. He was calling Ashley in this picture.
This just makes me laugh. Briggs has THE most pathetic pouty face.
Today Ben asked to use the big potty. He was so excited to get on and use “newspaper” aka toilet paper. We sat there for 10 minutes, but had nothing to show for it. Oh well, it’s a start.
Yay Ben! Glad you’ve finally asked to use the big potty. We love you.
Today I went with Ashley to see not one, but two little girls at Children’s downtown. One is a student of Ashley’s and the other is Natalie who I used to babysit the summer before Ben arrived. That hospital should have NO children in it…ever! I am so thankful for my two healthy little boys who I am so in love with!
2 comments:
as usual love the blog..cute pic of you Amy in the bathroom! And may i add how happy you look..motherhood becomes you!
love you..
I love the first picture of Ben in the pool and Brigg's pouty face, too cute!!! So happy you are staying home, you will enjoy it =)
Post a Comment