Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Swim-soup

 

It’s summer.   We live in Texas.  It’s HOT!  But Ben could care less and still wants to play outside all.the.time!  We joined two playgroups-one for each boy.  We’ve done a couple playdates for Ben’s group and so far it’s been great.  One was even a picnic lunch at a park and Ben didn’t care at all, he LOVED it.  I’m excited for the new friends and new experiences from our playgroups.  Ben LOVES the pool so we are trying to spend some time there-still a little tricky with Briggs.  He calls his swimsuit his “swim-soup.”

June 22 003

Our friend Michelle made this shirt for Ben.  I just love her shirts!  If only Ben weren’t such a stinker with his smiles.

June 22 004

Ready for some baseball in Daddy’s shoes

June 22 008

Pretty sure that Briggs is going to be our more serious kid.  Just sits back and takes everything in.

June 22 010

Watching a little tv with Daddy

June 22 011

Brady came to visit.  They took turns sleeping and eating so we never got them on the floor together for a picture.  Brady’s mom (Amber) taught with me this year.  They’re 5 weeks apart.

Today I had both babies in diapers and took some pictures before we got dressed.  I am so blessed they get to grow up together!  Ben loves to help with Ben (of course he loves to not help too).

June 22 023

June 22 032

June 22 040

June 22 smiles

My serious baby has an amazingly adorable smile!  Love him and can’t wait for his Stork mark to fade.

s1ecuredownload

I took Ben on a little date to the splash park while Lucy watched Briggs.  It was all peachy until he took off from me in the parking lot.  NOT a fan of this new behavior!

se1curedownload

Another trip to Market Street-another fun time for Ben.  At least this time he put fruits on top of his cookies Smile

secure1download

I braved taking both kids to the neighbor’s pool ALONE.  Briggs slept, woohoo!  Ben thinks you’re flying when you’re swimming and the boy has NO FEAR of the water.  Briggs made a little noise so I turned to look at him and Ben just jumped right on in all the way down to the bottom of the pool (we had just taken his float off).  I grabbed him and he pops out of the water with a huge smile and says, “I was FLYING!”  Oh Lord!

securedo1wnload

my little beach babe hung out with me while Daddy and Ben swam

securedownloa1d

So excited!

securedownload

Walking to the pool one night showing off his cute little self to the ladies!

5 comments:

Grams said...

I so can't wait to see the beaners ! So when can I buy Ben his own grocery cart :)

The Masons said...

So cute! I love that Ben has no fear!

Amanda said...

Cute post, we've been doing a ton of swimming too! I love the first pic of Ben in his camo shirt =)

Anonymous said...

his own grocery cart!!come on grams..i am going to buy him his own "GROCERY STORE"..Amy put it out there that Ben needs some time alone with grandparents!!!!Kris..Bill..what do you say????the 5 of us? Do we pick a half way point...or head to Barbs!!!! love you all...amy you are the best..thanks again for bringing smiles to our live!!

Grams said...

Game on Cathy, I'm buying him his own mall ! Miss you..hugs to the family :)