I think Ben’s going to be like his daddy and LOVE Halloween! He had a blast trick or treating up and down our street. Once he figured out he was getting candy he was hooked! He’d take his candy, say “thank you” and then shout, “Next House!” and off he’d go. And he had just as much fun helping me pass out candy once we got back home. Briggs slept most of the time, but did go next door to test out this trick or treating business!
My cute little tiger and stinky skunk!
Happy little guy!
Thank you Ashley for letting us borrow this costume :)
On Tuesday Briggs had a scheduled flu shot booster, but I changed the appt to a sick visit because the poor baby was just screaming and I couldn’t figure out why. His eyes, ears and throat looked clear so Dr put him on Prevacid to see if that helps. Later that night he developed sniffles that slowly got worse and were icky by Wednesday. I took him back in on Thursday and his lungs were pretty congested so Dr put him on breathing treatments every 4 hours for a few days. It’s a LONG 7 minutes each time for a very unhappy Briggs!
Sadly though his congestion started to sound barky Thursday night so I called the dr on Friday and now Good Baby is on a steroid as well for Croup. I feel so bad for him. We are so lucky he’s made it 7 months without any illnesses, but what a way to get sick for the first time! He sounds like a little boy going through puberty with his voice changing. Even his loudest cries which normally pierce our eardrums are just a loud whisper. Briggs is sleeping a little now so he must be getting a little better. Ben also has a cold, but is handling it like a (whiny) champ.
Friday was B and Gram’s birthday! Ben was SOOOO excited to eat birthday cake. I had to make B’s favorite Rum Cake and Ben loved watching it in the oven and enjoyed eating it even more. Yesterday B went to get Ben and Ben ran and hugged him shouting, “Happy Birthday Daddy!” B was so happy (even though it was after his actual bday).
So remember last time when I wrote that B was researching dogs? Well guess who has one now?!?! Charley is our 3 1/2 month old Bouvier. She is B’s dog and he’s the one taking care of her (my plate is already full). After Bruiser and Bailey I never thought we’d have another dog, but I guess someone had been longing for one and researched the best fit for our family for HOURS. Charley is the exact opposite of the other dogs. She is SO lazy it’s sad. She started puppy training classes yesterday and she just lays there, doesn’t even care about treats. The doorbell rang on Friday and I’m used to being trampled on my way. Charley barely lifted her head…the little princess just couldn’t be bothered! And I love how she doesn’t shed. Ben loves her and chases her around and hugs on her. She is just about perfect except for the potty issue, but she’s learning. Even the vet couldn’t find anything wrong with her. When we thought Briggs was a girl we were going to name her Charley so now B has his Charley Girl. We actually both called her Charley on our own.
We think she looks like a black Smokey (Tina’s dog). She’ll be big one day though.
I call her “sweetheart” sometimes so now Ben calls her “Charley Girl Sweetheart” (we call her Charley Girl a lot). She is a little sweetheart and a great addition to our family.
2 comments:
Love their costumes! Ben is a cute skunk!! And love the sweet faces Briggs makes, as always! Addie is super excited to see Ben tomorrow at school. Talked about him all day!
So sorry Briggs was sick and hope he feels better soon! Love the costumes and the puppy pictures! Oh....and you're crazy for getting another dog, I can't stand the ONE I have....you should have asked, you could have had mine =)
Post a Comment