I am a horrible blogger! You can thank Pinterest for sucking up any extra time I have. I love to think I’m crafty, knowing full well I’m not! But, if I don’t get my butt in gear, I will quickly forget all the little things I want to always remember. Here’s a random mix of what’s been going on in the Mahrer casa lately:
Charley Girl! This stupid sweet dog was gone for 2 days! I let her out around 3:30 in the morning on Monday and somehow the latch on the gate was broken and the wind pushed open the gate. We NEVER use this gate so we didn’t know. I went to get her for breakfast at 7ish and she wasn’t there. Thanks to TONS of sweet and caring people, she finally let someone catch her yesterday afternoon. She had been spotted in the neighborhood next to us Monday morning about the time I realized she was gone, but after 5 hours of searching it on Monday, we still didn’t have Charley. The poor boys were stuck in the car with me all day. She was found though in the same neighborhood (and on the same street that our friend Addie lives). And of course Charley decided to bolt when we had pouring cold rain for 48 straight hours so when I got her back she was a mess. I tried to bathe her, but she was so matted we took her straight to a groomer. Poor girl was shaved and looks like a total weirdo now (but she’s so soft and all the icky thorns are gone). I hate this dog, but it wasn’t fun not knowing where she was or the thought something could have happened to her. Glad she’s home where she belongs!
She loves Briggs’ chair…
and the couch!
Soccer fail: part two! Ben had his second practice last week. Bill even took a 1/2 day thinking that if he were there Ben would go for it. Nope! He spent half the time watching some friends play on a playground and the other half with his head down pouting. We tried everything-including bribing. Finally we just left. You know how the Mahrers feel about wasting money
-a very productive practice indeed!
Matching clothes! Briggs can wear 12 month size clothes so now I can buy the boys all the matching clothes I want (I had the hardest time finding toddler and infant matching things). I’m SO excited about this.
Haircuts! Last week Briggs had his first (real) haircut! I wasn’t quite ready, but Chia pet Ben desperately needed one so the deal was Ben could get one if Briggs did. Briggs was amazing and never cried once. I’m not in love with his new hair, but I still think he’s cute.
oh sweet boy!
I’m sure this comb was very clean
they’re ready to enlist!
Bedtime troubles! So this one has me SO stressed. Ben has completely failed at bedtime. It’s like he’s very scared. One of us HAS to fall asleep with him and if he wakes up and we’re not there he loses it. We’ve tried to let him cry it out (he will literally SCREAM like someone is hurting him for hours), a night light, sound machine that projects pictures on the ceiling, music, and even his top bunk. He discovered how to climb up last week. Luckily he prefers to sleep in his bottom one. None of this is working. The doctor said it’s a phase, but I’m pretty over it. He won’t even nap unless he’s on our bed next to me (he naps at school fine because he’s not alone). So he’s not getting as much sleep and has the attitude to show for it.
how most nights end up lately
Playdate fun! We have stayed SUPER busy this month with playdates. The boys are having a blast playing with their friends and this momma loves being with her friends each day, too. Yesterday we went to the Indoor Safari Park and basically had it all to ourselves! Yay!
Chilling in the caboose
While Ben was on the train, Briggs got put in “baby jail”
waiting their turns (someone was super grouchy about pictures)
riding the mechanical zebra at the Safari Park
Briggs crawled through this all on his own
Briggs enjoying a little playdate while Ben’s at school
Ben discovered how fun water fountains are at Pump it up!
Paige is here! My childhood best friend, Kathryn, had her first baby (and Briggs’ future wife) last week. I literally burst into tears when I found out her water broke and then again at Target when I got a picture text of Paige. Nothing like crying in the lightbulb aisle of Target. I cannot wait to get my hands on this little sweet P!
Such a little angel!
Hanging out at home! They enjoy getting into everything!
it’s Ben in a box!
painting the sidewalk with water
who knew a spray bottle could be so much fun
Briggs needed to be ‘fixed’ after church on Sunday
catching up on some reading
A tag team effort to ‘fix’ Daddy
Playing with some flubber
That’s all folks!
2 comments:
What a fun post!
LOVE all the fun pictures, you have been busy =)I can't believe how big Briggs is already, sad that Eli will be there soon=( Love the boys in their matching outfits too, don't think I could do that with Ry and E ;)
Post a Comment