Sunday, January 15, 2012

Soccer.FAIL!

As of Thursday, I am officially a “soccer mom!”  Our bouncy 2 year old started Soccer Shots after school.  The program is designed for ages 3-6, but last week I asked the coach, who was offering a demo before the season began, if Ben could play.  He told me to bring him and let him try the demo that day.  Ben LOVED getting to try it out (and did really well) and I emailed the director to see if an exception could be made.  He replied yes (of course he would-he was getting our money), but in their experience 2 1/2 year olds aren’t very successful because of the listening aspect of it.  And what do you know-he was completely right! 

Ben was super pumped to go and couldn’t wait to kick the ball.  But that’s ALL he wanted to do-just kick the ball!  And he wasn’t too keen on Mommy sitting on the bleachers (they moved it inside because it was almost freezing out).  I got a pretty cute video of him warming up, but after that he either flopped on the floor, tried to move cones, sit behind me and ask for snacks or just complain that he wanted to kick and run.  So daddy’s going to work with him on the skills they covered this week and we will keep our fingers crossed that this week is a little better!

January 13 iphone 045

Ben NOT sitting on the line with the rest of the kiddos.

January 13 iphone 041

Stretching during warm ups (they were SO cute)!

January 13 iphone 047

Not sure what skill he’s working on here, but it wasn’t what he was supposed to be doing!!!

January 13 iphone 039

And Briggs being the good little brother watching what will be the first of at least a million sports games/practices.  He wasn’t in this the whole time and I’m pretty sure he paid more attention than his big bro.

I don’t want Ben to grow up at all, but I can’t wait for him to be able to play more sports!  I can’t wait to not only be a soccer mom, but a baseball mom, football mom, hockey mom, etc!

January 2 002

So our little bug LOVES to crawl around and play.  Ben loves to use the shelves to play with his cars.  Briggs crawled over and pulled up on Ben while he was  playing.  Look how happy Briggs as he gives his brother a hug!

January 13 iphone 018

Daddy came home and both boys couldn’t get to him fast enough to play!  It was SO cute!

The next two pictures I just love!  My boys make me so happy!

January 13 iphone 030

January 13 iphone 031

how cute are they!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just soooo cute and getting so big..loved the soccer video have watched it over and over and laugh each time. Briggs what can one say..just so happy to be part of the group!!!