Friday, June 28, 2013

Our little Michael Phelps

When you grow up in Florida, you swim year round it seems. I don't even remember taking lessons I was so little. This year we finally got Ben lessons. Carey came to us for 8 lessons over 3 weeks. At first we met at the neighborhood pool, but moved to our next door neighbor's pool after the third lesson because our pool kept getting closed. Ben was AWFUL for her at first. Told her no, talked like a baby and pouted. And pissed his mommy off!!!  But all that changed once we could use Austin's pool. There was no audience for him or distractions. He started swimming after lesson 4!  We were SOOOO proud of him!  He is super comfortable in the water, but still likes his puddle jumper when he gets tired. Briggs had one lesson and he's so little for what she teaches that we decided we would wait another year. Maybe the awful survival class is his thing. Today I watched a friend's son almost drown before I jumped in. I thanked God for this gift if swim lessons. I figure there are three things a parent should give their children: a love for The Lord, a love for books and swim lessons!


Lesson one- kicking and blowing bubbles


Mommy and Briggs watched from the guest room window this was the day he swam on his own :)


And the next day he showed mommy and daddy how to do cannonballs!


 Thank you, Carey!!!!






No comments: