Monday, August 3, 2009

Two Months

Today is Ben's 2 month birthday. We had a doctor's appt this morning to celebrate it! I was up at 5:45 to make sure we were both ready for an 8:15 appt. How am I ever going to figure things out once I start back at work? This was our first visit without Daddy and both Mommy and Ben did great! I had a ton of questions to ask the doc and he patiently answered all of them. Bottom line-Ben is doing wonderfully (and is quite the chunk) and Mommy is still a worry wart.

Development: A+
Physical Exam: A+

Height: 23.5 inches (80-90%)
Weight: 13.4 lbs (90%)
Head: 16.2 (90%)
**yes you read that right, my child has gained 6 lbs since birth! He is definitely "Big Ben". He also has Daddy/Uncle Tommy/both Grandpa's height and Mommy's big head.

Ben got some shots today. I was worried I would cry, but I was a big girl! Ben actually made me laugh. His face went from white to dark red in a second. It was pathetic. He cried for just a second. He's tough like his Daddy. I hate that he felt any pain, but a little prick is worth the protection.

After talking to the doc, I think the hardest things for us (well me) will be not letting him eat sooner than 3 hours (hmmm, no wonder he's rolly polly) and putting him down to sleep awake. That last one is a tough one for us. He said to let him cry/scream for as long as it takes. I can't bear to listen to him get that upset. He gets so mad, his whole body starts sweating. Daddy's home a couple days this week so I can go to workshops for school-we'll let him deal with it :)



Ben LOVES Monkey!!!
This was right before he was going to get his shots. I was going to take an 'after' shot, but he was too upset and needed Mommy hugs.

3 comments:

The Masons said...

What a cutie! I love the picture of Ben smiling at his monkey. It's almost as if they're sharing a little joke :) Glad the doctor's appointment went well!

Anonymous said...

Do you go to Dr. G? We were there Monday too! I can't believe they are the same weight and almost the same height! What a cutie! Just so you know, cry it out will get better. He will cry less and less and put himself to sleep. You are doing so good...and remember, we are going to figure the work thing out together. (Only you get a few more weeks than me before you have to figure it out!!)

Sharon said...

So cute! I so enjoyed getting to see him yesterday! Next time, I want to hold him...he is soooooooo precious!