Happy 8 month birthday sweet boy!
It's Ben's 8 month birthday today. How did we celebrate? By staying home with pink eye and an ear infection. I picked him up from school yesterday and he had just woken up from a nap and his eyes were gross. Green shouldn't come from any part of your body. I took him to the doctor just to confirm what we already knew and they found a second surprise-an ear infection. You would have NO idea this kid is sick. He's the happiest baby. The only indication was he actually took long naps the past two days which is not like him. So now we're on meds and are still as happy as a clam (as long as you're not giving him the eye drops).
My favorite 8 month old!
We now have two teeth, yay! One step closer to carrots and apples (and steak). Not sure who was happier the tooth popped-Ben or Mommy and Daddy. This one was a little more painful for our little guy. The fingers are back in our mouth so maybe another will so make it's appearance.
Some tidbits about my big 8 month old:
- gives hugs to mommy and kisses to daddy-SWEETEST THING EVER!
- says 'uh oh'
- still loves to look up at lights and fans. I have a feeling when he figures out how a light switch works we're in for some trouble.
- likes grapes, yogurt melts and puffs
- bananas are a no no right now. We've tried 2 separate times and it's not been good. He's got his Mommy's sensitive tummy
- tried guacamole (just a bit)-success!
- loves, loves, loves our bed
- flirts
- CLAPS-my favorite
- waves (or tries to)
- his hair is really long. you can't tell because it lies flat (I'm thinking it will thick like daddy's), but we might need a haircut before June.
- I get a daily sheet from school that lists the basics like when and what he ate, diaper changes, nap times, etc., but also lists fun activities. The other day it said: "foreign language" I read it and couldn't stop laughing. Turns out my kid is learning French. I'd be happy if he'd learn the word Mama.
- loves to touch everything. When he finds something soft he'll rub it over and over like his Mommy
- likes to be sung to. Sadly he has the most musically inept mom ever. I know maybe 3 songs. When he's being a pill about eating if you sing to him he'll start eating.
- he loves it when my mom (Grams) talks to him on the phone. Just lights up.
- crawling is still not happening. I asked the doc yesterday about this-she said not to worry, he's fine. Does she not realize I'm a teacher and expect perfection???
- he's a morning person (like us). I think our favorite time of the day is when I wake him up, bring him down to our room and feed him. Then he plays in our bed and wakes up Daddy. Then it's tickle time for Ben. This is such a special time for us. We're all together and just focusing on Ben. We've found ourselves running late some mornings because we don't want this time to stop.
- Ben is the funniest, happiest little thing. He makes us laugh all the time. We are truly amazed at the miracle he is and the little boy he is becoming.
Daddy is staying home tomorrow with the Monkey so he can get more rest. They're excited for jammy day.
5 comments:
Love his 8 mo. picture in the chair, so cute! Also love the one of him drinking his bottle all by himself, Happy 8 mo. Ben!!!
Hey Amy! I can't believe he is 8 months!! He is so cute.. hope he is feeling better.
I love the naked pics! OMG! I also am IN LOVE with that first picture. He is so stinking cute!!!! I just want to squeeze him up.
That's so cool he's saying "uh oh!" Good for him!!! Also, what amazing foot placement on the naked pix! And, what a chunky monkey! He looks so squeezable!!
I LOVE the naked pics! He is just soooooo CUTE!!! I could just eat him up!
Post a Comment