Okay boys, it’s official! Even though I’ve been hanging out with you everyday since Briggs arrived, today it became ‘official’! Today all my teacher friends went back to work and I stayed home with you two! It’s a very weird day for me. With the exception of last year (and of course my first year), I really enjoyed teaching. I hope you find something you love one day and do it passionately with all your heart. I also hope you have the chance to work with amazing coworkers like I have. Each year I’ve had some great people on my team, but NONE compared to last year. I love and cherish each one of those girls as well as the other teachers and staff at Tadlock. I’ve shed a couple tears about not heading back like when I saw the school supplies at Target for the first time or saw all the cars in the parking lot at school today on our way out the neighborhood. I have many friends that had no problem making the decision to leave, but for mommy, it wasn’t that easy. I was worried I was giving up a great thing. But…I know that any amount of time I get to spend with you two watching you grow up is far greater than teaching. We are all so thankful that Daddy got us in a position for this to work. And poor Daddy. I know how hard it is for him that we get to basically play all day and he has to work. And I want to give Ben a special thanks for being a complete toot the past two days making me wish daycare were an option (okay not really, but seriously kid!).
My sweet friend, Michelle, threw a little playdate for a few of us who used to teach, but now stay home. We enjoyed some yummy snacks, a craft and LOTS of playtime (and maybe a few timeouts, too) and then we came home and I got to put my sweet boys down for a nap instead of sitting through a workshop on how they’ve changed the curriculum (again) while being jealous of the teachers who gets to put my babies down for their naps and give them wake up snuggles.
Hopefully I can do this new job forever, but who knows what the budget will tell us or even what my heart will decide, but I do know that I plan on cherishing every second of this new job (even the bad ones)!
Addie, Ben and Rylee looping fruit loops on a pipe cleaner. Ben and Addie did much better this time than when we tried it at our house. But Ben got bored after a few minutes and decided to eat his while playing. Typical boy!
When I left last year I gave away just about everything. This is all I have left (besides a million memories). If there’s one thing I had plenty of it was books. These are what’s left after I gave Ashley 250 and put the hardback ones on a different shelf.
2 comments:
Yea for your new job! I also have gotten a little sad as I've seen the school supplies being rolled out...not too sad when I remember the not-so-fun things about being a teacher!
This is such a sweet post! Love you, Amy!!
Post a Comment