Monday, August 29, 2011

5 Months

 

August 29 047

Ummm, NO, you are not already 5 months old little love!  This cannot be!  Briggs continues to do more of the same as the past few months-melt my heart each time he flashes his smile.

 August 22 iphone 031

Briggs is soooo good.  I mean really, really good, it’s crazy!  All of my playgroup moms are just amazed by him.  He never lets out a yelp or cry unless he is tired.  Otherwise he just lays there and watches.

August 22 012

He loves to be doted on and flirts like his big brother used to do.  He hasn’t started ‘stranger danger’ so pretty much anyone will do, but this boy likes his momma best!

August 22 iphone 026

He is still a super lazy laid back baby and is taking his sweet time moving around.  He’s rolled a few times both ways, but normally just turns to his side and chills.  Tummy time now solely consists of sticking his tush up in the air and shaking or giving up entirely and falling asleep.  There is no arm involvement at all.

August 29 076

He loves to cuddle things and suck on his plug.  When he’s tired he’s started to take his hands and push them against his eyes.  He is still an AWFUL sleeper.  I think this is the trade off for being so perfect during the day.  He will still wake every 3 hours or so to eat in the middle of the night.  He goes right back to sleep, but can’t seem to soothe himself into going back to sleep instead of eating.  This momma is pretty tired of this.  Two helpings of cereal a day don’t help this (nor do they make for easy poops).  We start green beans today.  Maybe, just maybe, these will help.

August 29 088

My favorite ‘development’ this month is his new fascination with Ben.  Briggs loves to watch him and smile.  He’s very interested in him and luckily Ben is starting to have more to do with him, too.  I think Ben is ready for Briggs to be able to play.  I just love, love, love these two little monkeys!

Briggs, I am in awe of how wonderful you are.  You just get better each day.  And as much as I hate that you get up so often, I do love getting to cuddle you while I can! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree its hard to believe Briggs is 5 months!! Love the post and pics of the boys..give them each hugs and kisses from "boots"..and gramma..

Amanda said...

I can't believe he's already 5 months! He just gets cuter and cuter =)