Wednesday, July 29, 2009

8 Weeks

Today my little prince is 8 weeks old. I cannot believe how fast it's gone. We have had the best 56 days of our lives so far! I was getting him to sleep today and watching him and it got me thinking of all the little things he does that I know I'll forget, but make me smile. So here's my random list of things that I need to write down or I'll forget:
*this child hates to burp! Poor baby gets such bad gas, but doesn't want to burp and make it better
*I love the way he 'attacks' his pacifier. He only takes it when he's falling asleep, but goes after it like a raptor-shaking his head back and forth-so funny. Does the same with a bottle. I also love to watch him when he realizes it's not something that provides food-he gets mad for a second, but then sucks away to dream land.
*Always looks up (I hope that's his perspective on things as he gets older). The higher an object, the better.
*Loves to look at his Daddy. Must be because he's tall. He'll look at him and smile forever.
*Is totally a 'boy'. He gets a big smile when he looks just south of my face. So pathetic, but funny. The only time he's not looking up high.
*Has the CUTEST pouty face ever. I have yet to get a picture of it because he does it so fast, but we love it.
*Is like his Mommy-wants to eat the second he wakes up. I even want a little snack when I get up to use the restroom in the middle of the night.
*Loves, loves, loves the outside in the evening. He doesn't like the brightness of the sun during the day, but calms down in a second when we go out at night. When he's really fussy we go outside and he calms down.
*Keeps one eye on us. When he's falling asleep he always keeps one eye open and looking at us, just like a pirate!
*His tongue! He has found his tongue. He will spend hours sticking it out and bringing it back in just like a lizard (and my dad :)).
*Wakes up to gas. It's so sad, but funny. I'll hear him fart and then a second later start crying. Sometimes he gets himself back to sleep. Probably goes back to hating to burp.
*Still not a fan of tummy time. Either cries or gets really sleepy and starts to fall asleep. If you put him on your tummy he'll work his muscles and look around, just not on the floor.


There are a million other things that I think of at random times during the day, but can't think of now. We have his 2 month check up next week (shots...ouch). Can't wait to see how much he weighs and how long he is. Pretty sure he's going through a growth spurt right now. Two words-NO FUN!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is so funny, Rylee use to do the same thing with her pacifier, she still does when she is really tired. I also call Rylee my little pirate b/c she will have one eye completley closed and the other one right on me while I am rocking her. It kind of freaks me out sometimes and I can't tell if she is sleeping w/one eye open ;)