Monday, August 22, 2011

Sacrament: Baptism…check!

 

This weekend our sweet Briggs received his first sacrament.  Again we had him Baptized at ‘our’ church in Austin where we were married and where I went through RCIA.  St. Catherine’s is very special to me.  Earlier in the week though, we weren’t sure we were going to be able to make the trip.  Tuesday night Ben spiked a fever and it rose Wednesday morning so we took a little trip to see our favorite doctor.  Just viral and Ben was back to normal by Thursday night.  Our worry was that baby bro would catch the bug just in time for his big day.  But God was watching over Briggs and he was perfect all weekend!

 

August 22 iphone 030

I took this at the doctor’s office.  My poor baby was just miserable.

August 22 002

Ben got pretty used to having his temp taken so he tried to do it himself.  Such a cutie!

Ben was so excited to see Boots and Gramma and get donuts of course!  The minute we walked in he looked at B and said, “where’s Boots?” (he was at work).  Ben has a very special bond with Boots and listens to him SO well that it makes me sick!  They golfed, wrestled, rolled and played with tons of toys together this weekend.  Pure joy in our sweet boy’s face. 

August 22 010

August 22 iphone 043

We were so proud of Ben.  He slept by himself so well.  He never even tried to get out of the room and was playing with a puzzle when I walked in Saturday morning.  Good job, Ben!

Saturday we left the boys with Gramma, Boots and Aunt Tina and got a much needed night away at the Hyatt Lost Pines.  I had a few tears as we left, but only because I knew I’d miss them.  We had a great time even if B rolled his ankle and couldn’t walk the rest of the trip.  I was very ready to come home though and see my loves.  And the little baby who keeps waking up in the middle of the night for me, slept until 6 for Gramma!  Sweet Tina was nice and sent me pictures even though Ben was SOOO mean to her.  We came home and B laid down with Ben to try to get the kid to sleep (he somehow convinced Boots and Gramma he didn’t need a nap on Saturday and got to stay up really late).  I woke them up with about 15 minutes to get to the church.  Oops!

There were only 6 babies being Baptized, but the church was pretty packed.  Our own sweet boy had over 20 family members there to witness and love him!  He was a perfect angel and slept the entire time.  Boots and Gramma kept Ben in the back of the church and he was perfect as well.  When we walked to the back to be near the water Ben could see us and wanted to watch.  When it was Briggs’ turn he yelled at the Deacon to stop putting water on Briggs and then cried that he wanted water on his head.  After that we let him up with us and he ‘played’ with Uncle Tommy during the closing prayer.

August 22 050

We asked B’s cousin Michelle and her hubby Matt to be his Godparents.

August 22 051

I love this picture.  Kristin kindly took pics for us and snapped this one of some of our family before the ceremony.  I love how no one is looking at the camera.  Just makes me laugh!

August 22 052

sleeping prince

August 22 057

August 22 060

Briggs woke up just a little during this part and made a mousy like fussy noise, but then cuddled back into Mommy’s arms and was so happy.

August 22 069

Ben helped blow out the candle (and then asked for cake)

August 22 071

someone woke up too late to change

August 22 072

August 22 073

He’s just perfect!  I loved the smell of the oils on his head.  It’s like how my Grammy wears a certain perfume and whenever I smell it I’m comforted.  The same goes for church oils.  I also love that I can still smell them after a bath.

August 22 075

The boys with their Godparents.

August 22 079

Briggs is such a blessed little boy to have two people who love him.

August 22 092

So Brad is amazing with babies.  He’s not just good at taking care of them, but he actually likes to play with them.  I find this odd for a guy, but amazing!

August 22 095

Ben and Gramma read a monkey book and he loved it!

August 22 iphone 046

Gramma took Briggs outside to watch the dogs play.  Poor dogs get booted to the laundry room when we come over to stay.  We had a GREAT weekend and were sad to come home. 

 

I never posted about last weekend.  Ben got a double dose of Tina and Brad because they came last week to visit.  And as luck would have it, Boots and Gramma were up for a job interview so we met them for lunch on Saturday.  Ben is now expecting to see them every weekend (working on that).

 

August 22 iphone 015

I love this pic.  Ben found a toy phone in the car and is talking on it as he walks into the restaurant with Aunt Tina

August 22 iphone 016

The boys and Gramma

August 22 iphone 017

Tina is such a fun aunt!  She even shares her ‘juice’ with him.  Okay maybe not…

August 14 010

August 14 015

Even though he was so mean to her this weekend, Ben loves his Aunt Tina so much!!!

So the next three pictures need to be framed side by side.  We went to dinner and had some time to kill waiting.  Ben has such a nasty habit of pushing Briggs when he’s ‘done’ with him so I must have told him a million times, “don’t push Briggs” and he would repeat it to me.  The pictures speak for themselves. 

August 13 013

August 13 015

August 13 016

Needless to say I was FURIOUS with him!  Oh Ben!  One day your baby brother will get back at you and I just might have to look the other way when he hauls after you!

2 comments:

The Masons said...

Great pictures! I laughed out loud at the last three. OH big brothers, what are we going to do with them?!

Anonymous said...

Brandon and i laughed so hard at the last three pictures! I also loved the baptism pictures. Sweet post!!